Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: fishing Trout Island

Default fishing Trout Island

Hoping to get out to the Vine this week for the first time in about a month. Just curious, since the road to Trout Island is underwater...can I hike there or do I need a boat? Is what's left of the Island just a hill or is there still a flat area at the water line? Has the water cleared any or is it still muddy?

Thanks in advance for sharing and I'll definitely post my advertures if I'm fortunate enough to get out there this week.

You can fish the shore along the shore to TI, but if you want to fish the point you are going to need a boat.

The way the lake looked like last week, that small patch is the only thing keeping it from being a true "island"

Check out the camping area...this might be the last week or so to camp in that area should we get some more rain!

Hope that helps....good luck and have fun!

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 03-09-2009 at 03:00 AM.

Default thanks for the info

Wow, what a shock. I had a great spot to the right of the point that no one else seemed to want. Oh well, guess I'll start out around the boat docks until it get's light enough to hike and explore (hopefully I'll luck into another great spot and not have to move). It will be interesting setting up the poles at 6:10 with the time change. Have to remember to get some kind of lantern.

This weekend will be interesting! We will 0wn the camp areas,and the water is right there ! I wonder if they will dump the fish that close again ! We will 0wn ! I have Wingnuts Pug power in my bl00d !