Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Shorline 3/8/09 beat the skunk!!!!

Default Shorline 3/8/09 beat the skunk!!!!

Fish D.V.L Today. I arrived at the lake around 8:30 a.m. I really was not in a hurry to get there to the lake because I wanted to just get out of the house. We went over to the west end to try my luck for bass from the shore. I usually fish from a boat but I like to change it up and walk the shoreline sometimes. The last time I went was early winter which produced only the skunk on that trip. I figure that the warming trend would produce some fish that would be moving up to the shoreline. We started off with a drop shot rig and got no bites. Then we started using a C –rig with a 3’ leader on 6lbs test. I skipped the sandy areas and fished only the places that I could see rocks. I seen some luvin going on in the water with the usually flash and roll of fish on the bed as I walked along the shore. I ignored the beds because you have to protect the resources. I fished really slow retrieve and change up my colors as the sun rose overhead.
    I seen trout and cat fishers on the shore but it seemed slow. I could see trout swimming 3ft from shore. But it was quiet for those fisherman. Anyway, I do not think that the bite is WFO for bass. Give it some more time and it should be good from shore. I do not think the water temp is warm enough now to spark a good bite. Here is the 4-5lbs bass that I took a picture.

Last edited by CALFISHER4EVR; 03-08-2009 at 04:43 PM.

Beautiful Fish!

Great job out there!

Really nice.Thanks for reporting.

Nice 5 pounder!!

WTG on the greenie CALFISHER...way to set an example and leaving the bed fish to do their thing!

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 03-08-2009 at 09:09 PM.

Thanks everyone! TD we will have to get together and throw some baits sometimes. I will bring the plastics

big ol' toad. nicely done.

Nice fish! Man those DVL bass are so perfect! Great colors, fins, everything!