Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marine Life Protection Act .... Say Goodbye To Nearshore Fishing!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish420 View Post
    "F" these dipsticks! I dont care what they close Im gonna fish it anyways, there is just no possible way to keep everyone out of the suggested areas so "F" all these fags who think they can flip my life upside down and prevent me from fishing my favorite spots I have fished forever. Anyways I just dont see this happening
    I surely cannot say that I dissagree with your point but in order to try to keep all of our fishing experiences healthy and clean with no legal reprocussion, we all need to at least somehow get involved, it may take some of our precious fishing time to do it as well but in the end we gain greater rewards if we thwart their shutdown.

Not gonna be a quick easy battle either, we all must persist and not let down...the squeeky wheel gets the oil....lets let them hear us squeek !

It does seem rather far fetched and ridiculous but for us anglers to assume that it won't go through may just be a big mistake, these are our backyard jewels, let's not let them pencil pushers push us out of ou own local fisheries....

I'm not sure if I could even be considered a "joe-fisherman", just starting fishing last year. I have read some of meeting notes and to tell you the truth I do not feel I am educated enough to go to a meeting and speak out. Can anyone recommend some easy reading regarding all this legal mumbo jumbo from the beginning? Seems like I'm stepping into the middle of all this.
    Thank you
    Last edited by GARYC; 03-10-2009 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GARYC View Post
    I'm not sure if I could even be considered a "joe-fisherman", just starting fishing last year. I have read some of meeting notes and to tell you the truth I do not feel I am educated enough to go to a meeting and speak out. Can anyone recommend some easy reading regarding all this legal mumbo jumbo from the beginning? Seems like I'm stepping into the middle of all this.
    Thank you

I too feel that if someone can lay out a clean concise summary of this whole scenario, more people can and will get involved.

I am not too savvy on this subject either...

can anyone do what I am suggesting ?

im in the same boat as the members above( not to savvy) i have seen patitions for things. mybe some one here knows how to start one to keep things open. we might get backing from the people fisherman buy from and the general public.i would be willing to stand in front of a store and ask people to sign.

I'm sure we all feel a little intimidated to some degree. Perhaps approaching the proposed closures as what it will mean to our self, the average joe fisherman, as most of us are, is the only (best) approach. Better to say something than nothing at all - Right?

There are many different things that effect these fisheries mentioned, but to cut recreactional fishing out of these areas would be a shame to say the least. Recreational fishing probably creates the least amount of threat to these areas.

Fishing is an inexpensive pass time for many of us. We pay our fishing licence fees in part to protect these fishing areas so our kids and grandkids might someday be able fish them as well. The ocean is a big place and there are a lot of fish in the sea but it seems to me that the areas targeted for closure are all the areas known for their value to the recreational fisherman.

Default Good News?!?!?!

Here is something I received today:

My fish were checked out by a guy working for the MLPA yesterday and my buddy asked him a lot of questions. Apparently, they are counting the fish and where they are caught from to see what the most popular fishing areas are. He said that their intention is to keep the popular spots open, and close the less often used spots. According to him, the logic of the MLPA is that the fishing will be better in the remaining open spots because of the protected closed spots.

Personally, I took what he said with a grain of salt. Also, as a private boater, I would rather have tighter regulations and fish where I want, then to have random gps spots to avoid fishing in with the regulations the way they are. Look at the white sea bass, black sea bass, and boccacio populations of how better regulations helped both the population and anglers enjoy our natural resources. I don't see people crying about lack of white sea bass or boccacio. They really need to tighten the numbers people are allowed to keep, or even size regulations, but not close down areas. My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by newster View Post
    My fish were checked out by a guy working for the MLPA yesterday and my buddy asked him a lot of questions. Apparently, they are counting the fish and where they are caught from to see what the most popular fishing areas are. He said that their intention is to keep the popular spots open, and close the less often used spots. According to him, the logic of the MLPA is that the fishing will be better in the remaining open spots because of the protected closed spots.

Personally, I took what he said with a grain of salt. Also, as a private boater, I would rather have tighter regulations and fish where I want, then to have random gps spots to avoid fishing in with the regulations the way they are. Look at the white sea bass, black sea bass, and boccacio populations of how better regulations helped both the population and anglers enjoy our natural resources. I don't see people crying about lack of white sea bass or boccacio. They really need to tighten the numbers people are allowed to keep, or even size regulations, but not close down areas. My 2 cents.

I agree with you newster.

Quote Originally Posted by CAPT'N View Post
    Here is something I received today:

How can the State afford to fund this when we are BROKE. It don't really make to much sence to me. Except that with the closures they have an ave. of cash flow from fines .

those bastards....damn i dislike them and im pissed....I'm gonna try to help out as much as i can to stop them and what suck is,if they close the bays and harbors down,where will the fishermen/women go???Our Lakes!
    Last edited by GeordyBass; 03-17-2009 at 08:47 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast