Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breakfast Burritos-Brownies & Steel Steaks

Default Breakfast Burritos-Brownies & Steel Steaks

Took the Old Man to the Vine Saturday in search of some steelies. For years i could never convince him to throw lures or troll. He was the offical Bait N Wait king.
    There was alot at stake as i promissed him a day he won't forget. I finally got him to agree to spend the day on the troll and be his net boy for the day.
    So we tossed the lines out equiped with some deadly weapons and secret sauce The trolling lanes i had planned to use were packed with anchored boats. Damn there was alot of boats out this day. Anyways on to troll Plan B zone. Didn't meter much fish at all and not one bump after 1 hour into the troll.
    Its now around 8am and nothing in the boat but a grumpy old man. I felt the pressure building. With no food or trout in the boat we better do something fast or im in trouble.
    Finally we switch up the weapons with a new lane setup we make the turn and one of the rods load up. Fish ON i yell.. He staggers to the rod and game on. This fish would not come up.. He is yelling its BIG.. Finally my first LLOYD.. I had to remind him to relax.. He wanted that fish in the boat now but this fish wasn't gonna be coming in anytime soon.
    This fish faught like no fish i have seen at the vine. Im thinking if he pulls up a small steelie after all this im throwing him over board.
    I raise the motor, take all the lines out of water and the battle finally ended after about 7 mins. I was like WTF is this? This is an exotic. We have to find out what the heck we got here. A quick call to Patrick and he says meet me at the boat dock.
    The old man doesn't want to go in but im driving the boat Patrick takes one quick look and identifies it as a Brown Trout. He was nice of us to give us a ride up for a quick picture. Timster and TM65 both agree the brownie has been in the lake for sometime now. I beleive that, as it had a Rapala Shad stuck in its mouth and we were not using those lures today
    After ordering a couple breakfast burritos we were off again. Managed to get several nice trout 1-2lbs in the same area then the bite shut down. We both agreed around 2pm that we would make one more pass then head in.
    That pass turned out to be one hell of a choice. Its like the late brunch bell rang or something. Double hookup and as he always says. Its a big one,,, Its a lloyd.. I think nothing of that because he says that even on 1lb trout..
    For some reason he can't tell the difference but anyways it layed on the bottom as well and wouldn't come up. After about 5 mins a 9lb Steelie. Put up a really nice fight but nothing compared to the 4.10 Brown.
    No LLoyds today but a day he will never forget. Thx to the Staff at Irvine for going beyond the call of duty!
    ps Jimmy i missed ya there bro.
    1. 4lb10oz Brown Trout
    1. 9lb Steelhead Trout
    3 Rainbows 1-2lbs
    2 steelhead trouts 2lbs ea.

Awesome!

Great job Rob. Sticking to the game plan paid off big.

XXXyCellent job dirty rob! love the bloody photo!

keepin it dirty,
    dirty girl

sick, purely insane! nice job and great report! keep em comin.

Rob, congrat's to you and your dad on landing the brown trout and steelie.

Doctorhook

sweet brownie!!!!

Default nice

Beautiful fish ,great job will be back at the vine this weekend for sure.

Default trout

COOL LOKKING BROWNIE,GLAD POPS HAD SOME FUN ON THE TROLL,,,t/o

Nice report and pics!
    The Ol' Man is gettin' to be quite a fisherman thanks to your guidance
    That is one really nice brown!
    Tell the ol' man congrats!

YamaFish

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast