Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: First Airbrush Lure Attempt

Default First Airbrush Lure Attempt

Through much trial and error, I took this:

And turned it into this:

It got a little darker on the head than I was intending but it turned out ok for my first attempt at ever airbrushing anything. lol

There will be much more to come. I got the bug and will be going crazy!

Thanks to Dropshot for really helpin me out with some of the how toos and whatnots.
    Last edited by BingJr; 02-24-2009 at 12:26 PM.

Nice going. You will only get better. Dropshot's air brush is sick !!! See you on the water .

that is nice.

That's awesome! I just airbrushed my first swimbait and it is pretty sick too.

Nice job Binger....what did you name it?

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 02-24-2009 at 04:25 PM.

very nice on the airbrushing........I need to airbrush/touchup one of the surfboards I'm repairing....what type of equiment are you using? I need to match the original design that was on the board. thanks for the 411

Looks great. Did you or are you putting any kind of protective clear coat on it?
    Not that it needs it, looks great as is, just wondering how durable the finish is?

Good job!

Try spraying lightest color base first then do the darker top blends.

Hold the airbrush further away for a better blend but you will have to premeditate the airbrush angles for the correct blend. Spraying light coats at the right distance will keep the scale texture of lure.

If the lures have eyes already use a piece of play dough to cover it before spraying or just pop off the eyes then super glue them after the paint cures.

That paint won't stay on there for long unless you coat it. Let the paint cure hard for 3-7 days then coat it with lure & jig finish or epoxy to get a nice durable gloss luster.

Airbrushing is cool. Also try the Createx paints and after your done painting heat set the paint with a hot air gun. The Createx paints r0xerz!
    Last edited by breeze71; 02-24-2009 at 11:43 PM.