Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 57 representing at Corona 2/21

Default 57 representing at Corona 2/21

Poxy Boggards and I planned to hit Prado for the derby. On his way to my house, he passed the lake and witnessed about 1/2 mile of cars waiting on Euclid at 5am. We decided to pass on the derby and drive out to Corona. We picked up the boat and loaded our gear. When we got to the lake at 6:45 there was still a line around the bend. By the time we made it in and launched, it was about 7:15.

Where we anchored up on the south side of the lake turned out to be a sweet spot. I was surprised that there were so many boats on the water. By 8am the bite went WFO. We C&R anything that would survive and kept the bleeders. The hot color was yellow. After we had our fill of c&r'n at least a dozen fish, it was around 12:30 and we decided to troll. It wasn't easy due to the large number of boats out there but we managed to hook 7 or 8 on bright colored cranks. On the way back to the dock, Wes hooked up a nice tail walker on his PINK crank to fill out our limit. The biggest was around 4 lbs. but they were all nice quality.

Let me tell you, the tail walkers are awesome. You definitely know when you have a tail walker. These things put up one hell of a fight. You think you hooked a double digit and when you get it to the boat... Ahh, a 2.5 pound beautiful tail walker. They taste great too.

Here are some pics.

Picked up the boat:

Caught some fish:

Got them home and cleaned:

Brined and seasoned:

In the smoker:

Smoking:

Finally ready:

I must say that Saturday was by far the best fishing I've had so far this trout season. And Wes, if you want some smoked trout, give me a call.
    Last edited by Daryl; 02-23-2009 at 12:02 PM. Reason: info added

DUDE nice fish/boat and smoker! Looks like your decision to goto Corona paid off big time!

Nice haul!!!! Wow, you guys crushed it out there!!! Thanks for the great pisc and report. I love th eshot of the boat too!!

WHAT TIME IS DINNER!

Very cool report!....... man, do those smoked trout look tasty!!!
    Bradley smokers are awesome, I had one myself at one time.

Congrats Daryl & Wes!
    Thanks for representing TEAM 57!

those smoke trouts look yummy to the tummy ...great going out there

The smoked trout was excellent. Thanks for the comments guys! I look forward to sharing another epic adventure very soon.

What a great report. Looks like wes passing up prado was a blessing. Enjoyed the report and pics,, Congrats to the both of you

Congrats on a killer day out there guys...excellent report and pics from start to finish!

TD

Daryl: I like your style!

Those smoked trout look intense...

Way ta go! I like how you prepared the fishies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast