Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Solo Trip Sunday (2-22)

Default Solo Trip Sunday (2-22)

I got to the lake at 4 am and was the 4th car back in line 1. I couldn't decide where I wanted to fish so I just got a boat. That way I can choose where ever. Starting out trolling in boat dock cove, around trout island and into the flats. As I was in the flats I noticed a huge flock of pelicans and cormorants back by the red clay cliffs. That was my next destination. Parked the boat just outside of the flock (didn't want to spook them) and threw out a few offerings, powerbait on one pole and powermouse on the other. Neither had a bite after about 10 minutes so I brought in the powerbiat and started throwing out various lures. Still no love. Oh well, back to trolling it is. After about another hour of that with nothing I headed to the back of the flats, beached the boat and threw the poles out. Not so much as a bite there either. Hopped back into the boat and trolled a little more before I found a promising spot in the flats where I had good luck in the past. Nothing this time though. Back to
    trolling... The west shore looked pretty crowded. I found a nice stretch where I beached the boat and threw the poles back out. Finally at around 10 am my pole starts dancing. It was a hard-fighting 2# rainbow. That was it for that spot. At about 1 pm I hopped back into the boat and parked it off of trout island. About a half hour in my powerbait pole starts dancing. It wasn't a hit though. The trout I had on the stringer swam into the line and got wrapped up. By 3 pm I decided to pack it in.

The west shore looked to be the hot spot. Water clarity was only a couple of feet from the shore and maybe 5 feet in the middle of the lake.

A day on the water on a boat and punking the skunk sounds like a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon to me! Thanks for the report Kalidawg, see ya soon.

TD

Sounds like a good day at the Vine to me KeliDawg! Way to beat the and I'm sure next time you'll have the full stringers you're used to!

Peace out...FDS

Great job changing it up!! I went Saturday and it was a very very tough day!! Glad you beat the skunk. Its always a better feeing knowing you at least got to experience the fight once that day :) Thanks for the detailed report.

West shore is DEFINITELY the place to be right now because
    it is the only place where fish are consistently caught.

Way to pull off a tough one. Better luck next time.

No skunk for you my friend. You'll have to fight them off next time around. Thanks for the report. Cindy

Ryan, Nice to see you at the lake It;s been a tough bite yately. Congrats on your catch. I look forward to when all the trout the lake put in go on the chew That will be something

Fishing is great instead of sitting in the house bored!