Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spitfire with the BBFC Guys 2/22/09

Default Spitfire with the BBFC Guys 2/22/09

Ghetto Dad was going to put up a report, but to save him some time, I'll write this instead.

Dad and I got down to the landing to be first ones, and we were the first ones there, even before the guy working in the diner came down. Hakaveli came down right after us with Bassin Chef, and we talked to them for a while, and then, the one and only Ghetto Dad showed up. He came up and thought I was a little old man. Well, anyway, John opened up the office, and we bought our tickets.

Our group for the day was:
    Jackpot Jimmy (Yours Truly)
    Jackpot Dad (Phil)
    Ghetto Dad (Steve)
    Two of Steve's friends (Sorry, didn't quite catch their names).
    Ricky-Ray (Ray)
    Redbear (Stan)
    Bassin Chef (Gambino)
    Really Drunk (Willy)
    Hakaveli (Mike)
    Dirty Girl (Chrissy)
    FisherBrat (Garrett)
    2quik (Omar)

We were joined by a few other people, including Spitfire regulars Eli and Robert. Our crew today would consist of Captain Steven, Derrick, Morgan, and Long Range BobbyK. As we headed up north, Morgan came around to collect jackpot, Bobby hung gunny sacks, and we all enjoyed some Debo-Burritos. Picture opportunities arose, so I started taking some pictures.

Ray before the cookie rush....

Morgan collecting jackpot from us.

Mike's Avet courtesy of mi dinero.

Yes, Dad, that's a burrito.

Mr. Debo himself.

Gunny Sack Bobby

Ghetto Burrito

Stern Shot

Omar, Willy, Mike, and Gambino.

Chrissy and her son, Garrett.

Hmm... I wonder if they are talking about how much they can sell their fish for in the classifieds board? LOL

After about an hour and a half, we finally started fishing. The boat was swinging all over the place, but after we settled, we finally started catching fish (or should I say, "I" was catching fish). I ended up with a 1/2 limit at the first spot alone. Just my 15 minutes of fame on the Spitfire! We then moved to the deeper water, where I immediately got a 2-1/2 pound triggerfish, a nice, but small one. We also got into some more nicer bass.

Also meeting us up at the fishing grounds was Steve from Baja Fish Gear on his Waverunner. As Ghetto Dad saw him charging the boat, he flylined a Krispy Kreme, and it was game on! Sadly, he got busted off soon after. No, that's not what really happened, but he lurked around the boat all day long, waiting for food. Gave him and his friend burritos, and they were on their way.

At one of these spots, Ray was talking to none other than KennyMac. I told him to say hello for me, but instead, he handed me his phone to say hello myself. As a joke, I said, "No, I don't want to talk to him, no I don't want to talk to him." After Kenny expressed some words, I did say hello, asked how he was doing, and that was it. Great talking to you anyway, Kenny. It's all good.

On a move, Ray went down for his annual Spitfire nap. This gave Steve and I an ample opportunity to have some fun with him. Here's what we did.

Ray went into a deep trance.

Ray was supposed to be guarding the cookies...

We put a cookie on him for hilarity... and believe me, it was hilarious!

By the way, thanks for the steak, Ray! It was very good, but I could've went for the pork chops myself.

At one spot, Steven hooked something big. It turned out to be a huge goat. We carefully netted it, took a picture, and then back to the bottom it went!

Anyway, by the end of the day, the others were sneaking up on me, and I was stuck at 9 bass and one triggerfish. I was determined those last couple of hours to get my limit. Unfortunately, I could not get that last bass, so I got stuck with that count. But, it was not a huge loss, because I outfished everybody on the boat. We ended up with 65 bass, 2 triggers, and a few sculpin for our efforts. It was great fishing with the guys I knew from before and on chat, and it was great meeting some new people as well. Great times, and great fishing!

I believe Ray or Steve will post up more pictures later...

Dammit, I wanted to get down there today, but got stuck at home
    doing some stupid house ****.

Great job down there guys and I will come down there sooner or later.

way to out fish everyone on board....looks like a lot of fun

You should title this report "Jimmy...I am legend"

Great job yesterday kid, I had already called it yesterday.....that you were gonna kick *** and you did....thats ok, I came in with a close 2nd with 6.....Hak got 5......theres the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.....ill type more to this report later.....thanks kid, and great job!!!

GD

wheres my pics you took of me with fish??? wth??

Jimmy you are the fish killing machine! it was great to finally meet you and hang out. those pics of Ricky-Ray are awesome!!!! Garrett and I had a lot of fun with the Spitfire crew and all the bad boyz. We have to do it again sometime soon!

Nice job on the bass Jimmy and excellent report, thanks for sharing the day!

TD

Just an FYI people, if we didnt do this trip, they would have cancelled...i believe we had 14 of the 18 on the boat.....great crew, at least we got them a days pay, they deserve it......

nice job jimmy jack, glad you were able to school these newbs

Good job out there Double-J! About time somebody schools GD on the structure bass fishing!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast