Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Magic Jack ???

Default Magic Jack ???

Any one try it out yet???
    $19 a 'YEAR' sounds pretty tempting....

Im Thinking about trying it, but dont want to waste the cash if it sucks, or lose my current number..

http://www.magicjack.com/1/index.asp

I have high speed internet (10 Mb Cable) so should work???

Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance, all....

A sales manager where I work has one and she loves it.

Will that help me out with my Dial up Service Frank?

Most likely not.

is the "magic jack" endorsed by billy mays?

I have had the magic jack for all most a year it worked pretty good when i had verizon dsl i had the slowest speed im cheap , but had some static , but now i have verizon fios and works great ,I mainly use it as a secound contact not as my home phone , i use it as a mesage service it does not have to be pluged in and i still get mesages sent to my email , but its pretty cool i whent on vacation and took it with me and where i had no cell phone service but had internet it worked good , but you have to keep your pc online 24 7 which i dont like to do , there is another one all most like magic jack that connects straight to your modem so you dont have to have you pc on 24/7 cant remember the name right now ill see if i can find it . ok laters
    Last edited by seahonk; 02-22-2009 at 03:41 AM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by seahonk View Post
    I have had the magic jack for all most a year it worked pretty good when i had verizon dsl i had the slowest speed im cheap , but had some static , but now i have verizon fios and works great ,I mainly use it as a secound contact not as my home phone , i use it as a mesage service it does not have to be pluged in and i still get mesages sent to my email , but its pretty cool i whent on vacation and took it with me and where i had no cell phone service but had internet it worked good , but you have to keep your pc online 24 7 which i dont like to do , there is another one all most like magic jack that connects straight to your modem so you dont have to have you pc on 24/7 cant remember the name right now ill see if i can find it . ok laters
    Thats what I was looking for. Personal experience with one...

Thanks A lot....

I am mainly looking for a way to stop using my Cell phone for those long hold & wait calls, customer service etc..
    Probably 98% would be outgoing to Customer Service places... Or calling Friends & Family from home.. Save those Cell Min...
    This sounds like a perfect fit for me.....

$20 a YEAR,, yeeeaaaaa!!!

smokinflies; Billy Mays....
    Gotta love the guy, he is a legend in his own mind...

Patrick, I dont think anything will help Dial Up.. In fact ya cant even use VOIP with Dial Up.. Its way to slow....

my parents have it... mainly for calling the Philippines. they love it and its worth the money, so they say. its not bad for the cost either.