Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First 57 Event was a Lighting experience 2.20.09

Default My First 57 Event was a Lighting experience 2.20.09

This was a last minute thing for me...i was up all night finishing up a project and said to myself if i get this done im going fishing so i made sure i finished it

got ready and left the house at 430 and was on my way...got to the lake and notice i forgot to bring something for the potluck so i kept driving until i saw a supermarket to pick up some soda...on my way out i somehow took the wrong turn and was lost for almost half an hour...i kept driving looking for Tusin Ave but couldn't find it nowhere....i gave BingJr a call to see if he can guide me but he didn't pick up (still getting his beauty sleep on) kept driving until i saw the 57 freeway and i figured it out from there.....i guess i was going north and south rather than east and west thats why i was so far off...i arrived at the lake around 545 and i was stuck in line with everyone else because i didnt know which line was the "VIP LINE" and by the time i notice it i was already boxed in because of all the cars...so i had to wait until 6 along with everyone else.....got in paid my dues and headed straight to Chris's pound....i see everyone all gathered up on the other side in one corner so i found a spot on the other side and setup....it was a rough morning...i gave 3 area a try before lighting stuck....it only struck once at around 10 am but im cool with it since it was a nice one....the biggest lighting i ever seen...the rest of time was pretty much waiting for the potluck to start.....i met and seen a couple familiar faces...im a shy dude so sorry if i didn't get to introduce myself to you

didn't get to take to many pictures because i forgot to charge my phone

here is the sun rising:

check out Bingjr's setup...he got over 10 rods going out at one time LOL

here is the lighting that stuck and didnt get away...thanks Art for helping out

this was a 4 pounder:

check out the action on the main lake:

overall it was a great experice meeting and greeting new members...cant wait for the next one

cool pics seng, it was cool getting to hang out with a fellow ucr alum for a bit. hopefully next time the bite will be better.

Hey Seng great job on the lightening! Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you. I spotted you at the end of the raffle and started to make my way over to say high but you were already in your truck and off to fish again! Glad you beat the and maybe you, Casty and I can hit up SARL for some night fishing soon! Love the sunrise pic

Nice lightning Seng!!!! It was nice to meet you!

Nice photos! Thanks for the report. Looked like another nice Team 57 event. Nice Trout. Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by fishndrinknsmokin View Post
    Hey Seng great job on the lightening! Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you. I spotted you at the end of the raffle and started to make my way over to say high but you were already in your truck and off to fish again! Glad you beat the and maybe you, Casty and I can hit up SARL for some night fishing soon! Love the sunrise pic
    let me know when u want to go out so you can teach me how to catch trouts...i won a free pass from the raffle that i can put to use

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bendo View Post
    Nice lightning Seng!!!! It was nice to meet you!
    nice meeting u too bro!!! so did u end up catching your limit?...i was stuck with only one for the whole day...tried a couple other spots but didnt get strike

Seng, That was the beauty of the day. Looked like it put up a nice fight as well. Congrats

WTG on the nice lightning trout, glad you finally found Sarl....it was great hanging out with you Seng. Looking forward to the panfish session with ya!

TD

Default Team 57 event!!

Congrats Seng on landing that nice 4-lb lighting trout.
    It was nice to meet you and net your fish.

Doctorhook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast