Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: fishermans retreat

Default fishermans retreat

has anybody fished at fishermans retreat im thinking about going out there next week i need some info please thank you

Default Fisherman's retreat.

I used to fish out there a little when I was a lot younger. I think I mainly fished crawlers back then on a carolina rig. It's been a while but I remember catching cats and bass. I caught some large cats slowly dragging carolina rigged crawlers on the bottom. And if I remember right they have some crappie too. I remember the bass being hard to come by, but I wasn't as educated as I am now. I mainly fished the two larger lakes up top. I think they stock trout this time of year also. Good luck. Let us know how you do.

Same here, used to fish it years ago. I went for trout but I kept catching cats on nightcrawlers. Switched to pb and still continued to catch cats...it was weird but at least I was catching fish. I saw a guy working the little pond hard for bass... and guess what he ends up landing? A trout somewhere between 8-10#s! Dude wasn't happy, he really wanted a LMB.

This place kinda sorta reminds me of Jess Ranch...but I prefer the Ranch. Good luck...looking forward to your report.

Ahh this place was the bomb when I was young. Camping and fishing...Playing video games at the arcade and fishing all night long! Thanks for bringing some memories back. Good luck and tell us how ya did?

I haven't been there in a long time but I'd heard somewhere that it was just choked with weeds now. If you go let us know how it is. I was thinking about taking the motor home up there for a couple days just to get away.

haven't fished it in a year. If i was you i'd go saturday or sunday morning. I thing they stock friday. its only 900lbs but they are there to be caught. If you go, i'd be interested to hear your report