Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lightening strikes again at SARL

Default Lightening strikes again at SARL

Decided to hit up the 1230-1100 session at SARL on Wed since we finally got back into some nice weather. Got to the lake and set up at my usual spot....next to a guy fishing by himself but with 7 poles It was a nice day when I got in tho and a fairly light crowd. The water was running at the bubble hole and seemed to be in the upper 50's but was muddy and clarity was probably only about a foot. Not great but seen it worse this year so can't complain.

Started slow as there were no fish and not even any bites during the day session and as we crept into the night there were still no fish but a nice sunset was happening

The nephew arrived at about 630 and at about 7 he lands his first fish. Decent rainbow and he has his skunk off right away!

The bite started to get live as he catches his first fish but I'm having issues as I've farmed two fish but am confident that things will turn around. Sure enough at about 720 I hook up and get my skunk off with a small 1# rainbow. Pressure off and time to really enjoy!

From this point on the bite turned pretty lively for the rest of the evening. We landed 10 fish total......4 lightening and the rest lassies.....no tail walkers in this bunch from what I could tell but it was a hell of a night.

Here's my nephews first lightening trout of the night.....we both got two

and his second!

and one of mine

I'll try and grab a pic of the stringer but the nephew is slaving over the sink cleaning the catch right now. This was a great tune up for the event this Friday! Looking forward to seeing all of you out there!!

Peace out...FDS

That was a nice report with some great pictures...your nephews 2nd lightning trout has some awesome color! What was the hot bait for you? See you on Friday....

TD

All 10 fish were caught on glow in the dark nitro crawlers. We were throwing powerbait (green, garlic, rainbow, sherbert....all the colors) for no love. I also had a nightcrawler out and a meal worm at different times but no bites. Some of the nitro crawlers were tipped with a nitro egg and all were dipped in either anise or garlic scent. Fish weren't that deep either. Not right off shore like before but probably 30 feet out at the most.

And a correction to what I wrote earlier.....apparently after cleaning part of the catch we did end up with a tail walker.

Here are the pics of the catch.....first are the 6 I caught

and the 4 that the nephew caught

and a close up of his two lightening trout because they had some really nice color as TD mentioned!

those are some nice catch!!! looks like lots fun fishing there at night like that

Very nice.
    Last year I put in a lot of time to catch these Lightning Trout but
    could never land one. Maybe soon.

I was there last night fishing levitz corner. It was crazy to see about 1000 gulls in the water. I only managed 1 lighting and 1 rainbow, very slow on that side. Used around 7 different pb and crawlers with liters ranging from 6-18inches. Guess I'll get them next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Seng90806 View Post
    those are some nice catch!!! looks like lots fun fishing there at night like that
    Thanks Seng! Great time, as always, when I get to fish with the nephew!

Quote Originally Posted by CASTAWAY View Post
    Very nice.
    Last year I put in a lot of time to catch these Lightning Trout but
    could never land one. Maybe soon.
    Thanks Casty, too bad you couldn't make it out last night. Would have been fun to wet a line with you. Let's hook up soon and go catch us some greased Lightening!

Quote Originally Posted by EvilFett View Post
    I was there last night fishing levitz corner. It was crazy to see about 1000 gulls in the water. I only managed 1 lighting and 1 rainbow, very slow on that side. Used around 7 different pb and crawlers with liters ranging from 6-18inches. Guess I'll get them next time.
    We saw you guys out there and were wondering if the action was any good in the corner. I was just about ready to pick up a pole and go scout around when the bite started to get live for us so I never actually left. And the number of birds were amazing....we thought if we could skim the water of the feathers we would of had a couple of nice pillows! Sorry that it was a bit slower for you but at least you beat the Might want to try the glow in the dark nitro crawlers next time....4th trip in a row where it has been the hot ticket for me. I've only been able to find them at the SARL tackle shop so it's a bit more expensive but I guess you can't beat the convenience!
    Last edited by fishndrinknsmokin; 02-19-2009 at 12:22 PM.

Man i cant beleive how stingy sarl is getting with those little huddleston size trout,But none the less good catch .

good catch. might do that night time thing here soon.

How do you rig the Nitro crawlers?# 10 hook or treble?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast