Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Lake Norconian .... Don't hate!

Default dont do it

I fish there twice a week, and there are no "contracted security guards" it's Federal Police. They drive around like voltures circling that entrire lake, and not to mention the cameras they have as well.Trust me bro the fishing can be WFO at times, but not even worth getting arrested....remember A highly secured Naval weapons base, not some golf course.

I live less than 1 mile from it. And I have ninjad every body of water and golf course lake within 15 miles in a circle.

But not there. And there is a reason for that.

Your best bet is to be the guest of millitary personnel. Then you can fish it legally, and take your good stuff too!

Quote Originally Posted by LunkerLover View Post
    Lake Norconian.

Yes - I know it's government property.
    Yes - I know it would be considered trespassing.
    Yes - I know it's illegal.
    Yes - I know it's "gated."

But ... to those who are sympathetic to the ninja bass fisha'man ... and to those who realize that there are NO MP's there .... ...

I would like to slay some largies (I know they're in there...) Who has fished it? ... who knows where and when to get in that bad boy? Who can share some tips?? with a C&R bass fisherman who's willing to try it ... PM if you want ... PM if you CAN ... or just post on here ....
    So what ended up happening?? I just found out about the place but whats the latest?

I still think that is funny that you have a 23 year veteran Sgt. from Riverside PD living beneath you in an apartment complex...23 years on the force and all he can afford is an apartment? Thats the kicker of this post.

We used to get some occasional Norconian reports. Lots of quantity bass, few truly "quality", and good panfishing. Some of you guys who have been on the board for a while may recall this gentleman used to fish with his daughter....the daughter of course drew quite a bit of attention from the peanut gallery.

From what I remember, he had to apply for permission to fish from the base commander, and had to buy a fed fishing license (yes, they exist, I used to have to buy one too). Beyond that, he was able to apparently launch his jonboat to fish the extensive tullies around the lake.

I tried searching for these Norconian reports out of curiousity, but I think they pre-date what our current particular database has on disk.

Quote Originally Posted by sansou View Post
    We used to get some occasional Norconian reports. Lots of quantity bass, few truly "quality", and good panfishing. Some of you guys who have been on the board for a while may recall this gentleman used to fish with his daughter....the daughter of course drew quite a bit of attention from the peanut gallery.

From what I remember, he had to apply for permission to fish from the base commander, and had to buy a fed fishing license (yes, they exist, I used to have to buy one too). Beyond that, he was able to apparently launch his jonboat to fish the extensive tullies around the lake.

I tried searching for these Norconian reports out of curiousity, but I think they pre-date what our current particular database has on disk.

I remember the report or two of the guy with his daughter fishing there.

I did see a Huell Howser show all about Lake Norconain . The lake is only 6 ft. deep. If you can find that episode on the internet and watch it you will gain much info about the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Grillsmasher View Post
    I still think that is funny that you have a 23 year veteran Sgt. from Riverside PD living beneath you in an apartment complex...23 years on the force and all he can afford is an apartment? Thats the kicker of this post.

Hey, life happens...

Ive been divorced a few times also...

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    I remember the report or two of the guy with his daughter fishing there.

I did see a Huell Howser show all about Lake Norconain . The lake is only 6 ft. deep. If you can find that episode on the internet and watch it you will gain much info about the place.

Huell Howser 's California's Gold show about Lake Norconain is on PBS Ch. 28 right now .

Lake Norconain lake was part of what was called the "Norconain Resort" It was built in the 1920 's This super rich guy had it built , Hotel , Spa, Grand Ball room , Pools, Airport , & the lake . The lake was dug out by mule teams and is 6 ft. deep all over. It was orginally the lake was 60 acres. Today it is 55 acres.Really great history behind the Norconain Resort. During WWII the U.S. Navy took over Hotels and made hospitals out of them. Thats what happened here. The Navy build more buildings and still uses it today . There also is a Prison there.
    Last edited by Troutman65; 11-23-2009 at 07:36 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast