Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelhead

Default Steelhead

Where are all the steelhead reports. No one caught any steelhead this Tournament? I was waiting to see some reports on how hard they fought. I guess not.

I saw a couple of the smaller models caught by Kewlwhip, but they were few and far between from what I saw. It is just a matter of time though, I saw the fish stocking and the fish were AMAZING....anyone else that was there will undoubtedly agree. I was hoping to get a few myself, but it was just not in the cards....when these fish go on the bite we are going to be hearing plenty of the "one that got away" stories.

TD

Coulda sworn my five pounder was a steelhead. Took over six minutes to
    bring in on 2lb. test and was pulling drag and jumping the whole time. No
    tail though.

Quote Originally Posted by calico killer kevin View Post
    Coulda sworn my five pounder was a steelhead. Took over six minutes to
    bring in on 2lb. test and was pulling drag and jumping the whole time. No
    tail though.
    All the fish I saw stocked had tails, so I kinda doubt it but ya never know...the steelies don't have any spot below the lateral line if that helps at all.

Did you not get in the tourney Kev?

TD

Default Ya....... Where are these so called MONSTER FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!:Head Bang:

My buddy and I fished the Vine on Sunday, and it was a tough day out there!!!! the bite shut off at 11:00am!!!! The wiegh in was weak 2lbs got you in the money!!! If this tells you anything...... Oh....I think thier where a couple Steelies caught on Sat. I did not see any evidence of of these 6 lbs.FISHWhen I was there on Sun.

I fished Sunday's edition and took two, maybe three steelhead from Marley's Secret Spot. The "maybe" had a small patch of spots right on the lateral line. All three fish fought twice their just-short-of-two-pound size or better, and they each took air several times. All of my fish had full tails and fins. Oddly, four of my limit came on a nightcrawler under a bobber, including a nice little brookie, with my limit fish coming on the PMS, or Power Mouse Special (pink tail on white egg).
    I lost an unseen fish (probably 9 pounds, LOL) due to a break-off. It hit a blown mealworm fished just above the weeds and got wrapped. Tried to let it run out calico-style, but left the bail closed. The fish did free itself and promptly busted me off while I was playing the other fish in my only double of the morning.
    I also C&R-ed a 2-pound LMB and a nice bluegill.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHJUNKIE4446 View Post
    My buddy and I fished the Vine on Sunday, and it was a tough day out there!!!! the bite shut off at 11:00am!!!! The wiegh in was weak 2lbs got you in the money!!! If this tells you anything...... Oh....I think thier where a couple Steelies caught on Sat. I did not see any evidence of of these 6 lbs.FISHWhen I was there on Sun.
    I had numerous friends fish Sunday as well and they skunked out too, Monday was really tough too...Saturday was the best day of the 3 hands down.

I am not blowing smoke at ya FJ4446...like I mentioned above I saw the stocking and it was an awesome sight to behold. 3 tanks full of fish went in and the majority of the fish were over 4lbs....I just hope I am there the day those fish start going off.

TD

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    ....I just hope I am there the day those fish start going off.

TD
    Here, here! My fish had been eating shad. I betcha that a small swimbait would work well, maybe a 3" Big Hammer or the likes.

What day did they drop them in the pool?: I ve had a great season so far with limits in less than two hours several times!!! And a couple in the 4 to 5 lbs. range!! I just hav'nt peek at the right time..... I will be out there at the next tourny.. The VIne has been going off most of the season..and Loving it!!

Quote Originally Posted by FISHJUNKIE4446 View Post
    What day did they drop them in the pool?: I ve had a great season so far with limits in less than two hours several times!!! And a couple in the 4 to 5 lbs. range!! I just hav'nt peek at the right time..... I will be out there at the next tourny.. The VIne has been going off most of the season..and Loving it!!
    Fish went in on Friday...sounds like you've have a good season, what would you say has been the best bait for you thus far? Plastics seems to have gotten more fish, while crawlers and trolling cranks have gotten the bigger fish. Keep up the good work!

TD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast