Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 187 On Seals

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    Um, no...save our fisheries FROM the seals....

GD
    Ah geeze irony here, see my user name?????

Kill the seal's (except me please).

We first need to do something about this MLPA thing going on they want to close more parts of are local islands so you can't fish there forever prim spots for divers and fishing ground for wsb,tails,etc and miles of beaches with no surffishing or yakfishing or anything fishing and then we can worry about the seals.

Bigred

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRED KILLA View Post
    We first need to do something about this MLPA thing going on they want to close more parts of are local islands so you can't fish there forever prim spots for divers and fishing ground for wsb,tails,etc and miles of beaches with no surffishing or yakfishing or anything fishing and then we can worry about the seals.

Bigred
    Your sooooooo right Bigred! The MLPA is also going to allow the seals to thrive even more. Without the encroachment of mankind into their habitat they will start to produce even more and sooner or later our coastline will be filled with them everywhere. All I can say is that they just recently made it legal to shoot seals with a paintball gun. I'm looking forward to huntin a few seals with a paintball gun while float tubing before the MLPA areas are mapped out and we can't fish those areas any more without breaking the law!

f tha seals!!!

As harsh as it sounds I have no sympathy for these animals. The seal situation in California has been out of hand for far too long.

Although I don't care for seals I am a huge fan of the Orca's and Great whites.... God bless these beautiful creatures. . Check out the link for some great footage of the Orcas and great whites playing with seals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E336WICfQNQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BIj4...eature=related

JerryG

i dont know if you guys are joking or not but. Some of you need to look life as a total whole connection. Seals, fish, humans need to live in harmony. Heck seals eating fish, what else are they suppose they eat? You want them to go to a restaurant? Clearly, they live in the water and that is their source for food. For a fisherman, the water is a hobby, don't take it to the extent where you hate and kill the animals that live in their, but respect them. All life form belongs in a web, take away the seals, then the sharks will eat all your fish, irony it is. So for all you people who say "i dont care, shoot the seals," you are just as ignorant as your own words.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    i dont know if you guys are joking or not but. Some of you need to look life as a total whole connection. Seals, fish, humans need to live in harmony. Heck seals eating fish, what else are they suppose they eat? You want them to go to a restaurant? Clearly, they live in the water and that is their source for food. For a fisherman, the water is a hobby, don't take it to the extent where you hate and kill the animals that live in their, but respect them. All life form belongs in a web, take away the seals, then the sharks will eat all your fish, irony it is. So for all you people who say "i dont care, shoot the seals," you are just as ignorant as your own words.
    When there is one thing too many it will be a big prob.Seals are too smart they follow you for miles once they eat your bait they will call there buddys and they will be all around you.If you ever make bait at the local islands it's hard when there is 10 seals under your boat and one on the swim step.Or hooping they swim away with your cage or net= no bugz.Why can we kill deer,elk,wildpigs etc but not hunt seals once a year to lower the numbers of them.

Bigred
    Last edited by BIGRED KILLA; 02-21-2009 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by That Dang Guy View Post
    We gotta learn how to eat seal meat....
    im goin eskimo

back to the original post, ive seen dead seals floating that look like someones dumped a clip or two into em. i saw it on a half day boat, it was funny because the the captain came over the intercom and called for evryone to the port side and see the seal.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    If i had a choice between "save the humans" or "save the seals", I would without a doubt save the humans. These things have been a nuisance for years, and they are getting way out of control. Sinking boats in harbors, for example. As far as the fishery is concerened, the seals cost us contless dollars in lost revenue. It is to the point where at certain locations, you will have anywhere from 10-20 seals on you while you are trying to fish. They will eat EVERY piece of chum in the water, EVERY hooked bait in the water (they know are smart enough to just bite below the head) and if you are lucky enough to hook a fish, they will also take that off your line. THey used to mainly eat the hooked exotics, but now they are eating ANYTHING on a hook...tuna, halibut, yellows, calico and sand bass, bonito, ANYTHING. As far as from a landings point of view, the fish count is extremely reduced, which means less fish turned in, which means less people willing to spend the required amount of money to go fishing. Which means less money for the landing, which means hours being cut, and layoffs happening. As far as the boat crews point of view, all the above, but also include no fish to clean, which means less side money for the crews, which means less money in their pockets to take care of their families. In these already TOUGH economic times, ANY reduction in income is harsh for most people. So, yes, when I say shoot the seals, I am thinking about the affect that these animals are having on HUMANS abilities to survive and take care of their families. By NO means am i saying that if you are in the middle of the ocean, just randomly shoot seals, but when they are affecting our livleyhoods, take care of the problem, by any means necessary....

GD

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast