Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 187 On Seals

Default Sea Lions aka sea Dogs or LOBOs by the deckhands in Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Dog View Post
    Yeah, I believe they mean sea lions...they're about 90% of the problem. If you're going to target something for being a nuisance at least know what you're talking about....

for those that don't know the difference, here's some info for you...

http://www.dolphinencounters.com/edu...lionvsseal.php

I agree something should be done to reduce the numbers but until it is legal to do so you're risking some big fines and jail time if you're caught.

(source: http://wildlifelaw.unm.edu/fedbook/mmpa.html )

Of course NOT Seals.
    Encounter those little spotted harbor seals (i think that's the name) when I 'Yak PV San Pedro. those cute friendly little guys spend time in solitude and they'll follow you around all day and just stare at you w/ out touching your fish. Unfourtunaltally they are the ones White sharks prefer over Sealions.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Another, well displayed example is for instance, shark attacks. When a shark attack has occured, the people go on a frenzy and go shark killing. It's rediculous, heck when i go in the water to go boogie boarding i myself agree to all the dangers, jelly fish, sharks, getting wiped out drowning. This is the same matter as fishing, furthermore, if you get snagged by sea weed and lose your line and set up, lose your hook, and sinkers. What are you going to do? Wipe out all the sea weed? Clear out the ocean floor. Above all, i'm trying to say is everything has a purpose, even humans, we all just need to live in a harmonious state, not kill, if not needed.
    No one is talking about losing a $3 hook and sinker....I am talking about people and their ability to work and take care of their responsibilities....it is not "harmonious" when people and businesses lose income......detourants DO NOT work anymore ie: "seal bombs"...that is now a dinner bell. As far as im concerned, if it means not feeding my kids or having to take out a sea lion, bye bye sea lion.....its not like it will go to waste...sharks and other marine life will feast on the carcus.....

GD

GD - I think Darious is playing Devil's advocate. He can't be serious with these far fetched analogies and straw man arguements.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
    GD - I think Darious is playing Devil's advocate. He can't be serious with these far fetched analogies and straw man arguements.
    I concur Mr E....peace

GD

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345