Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 187 On Seals

Default 187 On Seals

Just caught the 5 o' clock local news. Seems like someone has been doing some target practicing on some seals. Latest victim was a seal pup that had a bullet lodged in it's spine. The report stated that four other seal shootings have occurred. Now, as much as I hate seals, thats some f'ed up crap to do. Oh, there is a 50k reward for the arrest of the shooter(s).
    Last edited by striker; 02-17-2009 at 11:22 PM.

Looks like the guy got pissed they stole his fish or his bait cages out of his hoops.There are too many of them the law needs to do something about them maybe just a little poison/neuter them.

Bigred

Maybe they started to run with the wrong crowd and one thing led to another and then bam seal homicide.........

last spring i was at the ramp after fishing the horsehoe kelp and DFG was asking if i kept any fish and also asked about sea lion issues, which were absolutely awful that day. probably lost fifty bucks in spoons and jigs. there were some little foamers of bonita where every single one you hooked would get nailed once it started to spiral. they need to get a handle on those mammals, no predators anymore.

50 k is alot of dough someone is offering. I wonder who?

Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    50 k is alot of dough someone is offering. I wonder who?
    Idk but lets just capture One_Leg and pin it on him and we will all split the money.
    j.k lurker

Bigred

It better not have been Andre!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oregEp255ik

I miss that guy, Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by britheguy View Post
    It better not have been Andre!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oregEp255ik

I miss that guy, Haha.

Thats a cool/lazy seal he does not even need to follow the boats he can just hitch a ride.

Bigred

Seals were putting a serious damper on salmon fishing in Seattle, along with overfishing from the natives netting the rivers (as they are allowed by law to do)....I remember them opening season on Seals and the state culling them out. They closed Salmon season several times in the late 90s' due to problems with the fish population.

I caught two of the buggers last year ... they are a pain

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast