Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *HELP!!!* How do you get attractant out of carpet????

Default *HELP!!!* How do you get attractant out of carpet????

A whole bottle of baitmate bass attractant exploded in the back seat of my truck, and NOTHING will get the smell out! I took my garden hose and completely sprayed that part of the carpet for like 10 minutes, took lysol wipes and wiped down the whole area, sprayed goo gone over it and wiped it with a towel, then sprayed half a bottle of febreeze on it. It smelled fine last night but then it dried and the smell is back. Any suggestions????

You can try cleaning it with a steam carpet cleaner, it should be able to clean it effectively. You can rent them at some grocery stores or borrow one from someone.

wo i have had to get alot of stains out of my backseat lol
    but never bad smells

I've heard that the proper procedure is to take a carpet knife and cut a square 2 feet bigger then the stain out of the carpet and pad below and then strategically place a large piece of furniture over the cut out area. When the spouse comes home you say, "Honey, I just though I'd re-arrange the room for you."

sorry man.....looks like you wont be driving any girls in your vehicle soon

GD

You might want to take out the carpet and the underlaying. You might have to replace the under laying. Then go rent or buy a little hand held steam cleaner. While you're at it, don't forget the seats for and aft and if you have a cloth headliner as well. After all that has been done then try your lysol or other odor eaters. It will be one heck of a job but probably necessary, unless you want to pay someone at a auto body shop to do it.
    Good luck

Default carpet

Try Oxi clean stain remover. It work for me when my boy left mackerel in our fishing bag.

With what you have done already, the Scent is probably well dispersed into the entire area of carpet....

Your running out of options...
    Might try a good deep Steam cleaning with odor guard added???

But probably going to have to replace a good sized area of Carpet & Padding. Dont forget to clean the metal floor good before you re-install the new stuff...

Oxi clean may work for the stain but not so sure about the smell. I would recommend that you go to the pet store and pick up Natures Miracle. The one with the oxi base will work the best. You'll want to saturate the stain and let it sit for a bit and then press it with a towel. Repeat if needed. I swear by that stuff! Great for taking the fishing stains out of your clothes too.

Vinigar !!!!!.......Done.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast