Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *HELP!!!* How do you get attractant out of carpet?????

Default *HELP!!!* How do you get attractant out of carpet?????

A whole bottle of baitmate bass attractant exploded in the back seat of my truck, and NOTHING will get the smell out! I took my garden hose and completely sprayed that part of the carpet for like 10 minutes, took lysol wipes and wiped down the whole area, sprayed goo gone over it and wiped it with a towel, then sprayed half a bottle of febreeze on it. It smelled fine last night but then it dried and the smell is back. Any suggestions????

Maybe try dishwashing soap..

Try putting de greaser on it and power wash it then vacum.the smell will leave soon if not put bleach on it if it all fails sell the truck.

Bigred

ahhhh i didnt think about trying degreaser. i just went out and drenched it in wd40 let it soak for 10 minutes, hosed it off for 5, dried it, drenched it in resolve carpet spot remover let it soak for 10, hosed it off for 5, dried it, sprayed febreeze. i think it mightve done the trick. i guess we'll see tomorrow.

moral of the story is never buy a $7 bottle of attractant that's on clearance for $1, it probably has a packaging defect haha

gas and a match. lol

Quote Originally Posted by TimmayWOOHOO View Post
    ahhhh i didnt think about trying degreaser. i just went out and drenched it in wd40 let it soak for 10 minutes, hosed it off for 5, dried it, drenched it in resolve carpet spot remover let it soak for 10, hosed it off for 5, dried it, sprayed febreeze. i think it mightve done the trick. i guess we'll see tomorrow.

moral of the story is never buy a $7 bottle of attractant that's on clearance for $1, it probably has a packaging defect haha

lol i think you are making it worse Wd40 and a hose i hop the hose is on low.

Bigred

Hope you get rid of the smell.

well my truck is a blazer, and it spilled in the back area. so im just opening the trunk, getting into the back seat with the hose, and spraying the carpet in the direction of the open trunk, so i think it should be fine. the wd40 got the fish smell out, and the carpet cleaner got most of the wd40 smell. and id much rather have a mild wd40 smell for a week or two than whatever the **** that attractant is supposed to smell like indefinitely haha

Just wait till summer! That's when you will be able to tell if it is gone. I spilled a whole crock pot of homemade greenbeans in my old truck. Just when I thought the smell was finally gone, it got hot, and got REALLY STINKY. I don't think the smell ever really went away!

You my Friend are F'd !! Gas and Match does work but.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast