Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Late March Early April Havusu Fam trip

Default Late March Early April Havusu Fam trip

Heading out to Havusu with the family end of March. Never fished the area of the river before. Are there public launch ramps, and are there any stamps we need to purchase with our fishing licenses. Any 411 appreciated, like to get the family on some stripers.

GdHkSet1

If you have a CA license I believe you need the AZ stamp but your only allowed to fish from a boat with that. No shore fishing in Havasu without an AZ license. Lots of public launch ramps and TONS of good bass fishing that time of year.

Default havasu

if u wanna fish the upper river launch at park moabi right off the 40 in needles if u wanna fish the lower river id launch at Windsor beach or site 6 is a free launch

Quote Originally Posted by RRTGuy View Post
    If you have a CA license I believe you need the AZ stamp but your only allowed to fish from a boat with that. No shore fishing in Havasu without an AZ license. Lots of public launch ramps and TONS of good bass fishing that time of year.
    RRT,
    Thanks for the heads up, I'm all new around that whole area. Look fwd on getting on new water-Hopefully we run into some of that outstanding bass fishing I here that goes on around that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan C View Post
    if u wanna fish the upper river launch at park moabi right off the 40 in needles if u wanna fish the lower river id launch at Windsor beach or site 6 is a free launch
    Thanks for the launch info, I will only be up there for 2-3 days. Will check it out.

i really like black meadow landing. it is centrally located to all the good fishing a the bottom of the lake including bill williams arm

where are you staying at? hioghly recommend cattail cove,nice camp ground,showers,bathrooms,next to the sand point store. this area is AWESOME for striper all year around!we will be there the 1st week or april. pm me when your going and ill try to hook you up on the latest. i have a place i rent out to others may-aug. so if you going down there during the summer months and want a place to stay,let me know. way cheaper than a hotel.

tight lines,jeff

Quote Originally Posted by JENSEN500 View Post
    where are you staying at? hioghly recommend cattail cove,nice camp ground,showers,bathrooms,next to the sand point store. this area is AWESOME for striper all year around!we will be there the 1st week or april. pm me when your going and ill try to hook you up on the latest. i have a place i rent out to others may-aug. so if you going down there during the summer months and want a place to stay,let me know. way cheaper than a hotel.

tight lines,jeff
    Valuble info Jensen500, thanks for the rental offer too-may have to take that offer up one summer. I hear that a MAY09 Striper bash is going on up there too. Take care and tight lines.

Quote Originally Posted by GdHkSet1 View Post
    Valuble info Jensen500, thanks for the rental offer too-may have to take that offer up one summer. I hear that a MAY09 Striper bash is going on up there too. Take care and tight lines.
    the striper derby is my all time favorite tourny!! i talk so much about it,people probably think im a promoter for the event :) but truth be known, it is an awesome time. my brother(bassturd) and his wife ar going as well as my GF (striper chic). you need to try it at least once,you will be hooked!! as many already know,im having a "party"/fish taco fry on thurs. and or fri. (may14-15) and all are welcome. do yourself a favor and try it out!! BIG COUNTRY WILL NEED TO PAY BACK THE FAVOR THIS YEAR IF HE'S ON SOME GOOD FFISH!!!!

GOOD FISHING TO ALL, JEFF

Default Rental unit

Quote Originally Posted by JENSEN500 View Post
    the striper derby is my all time favorite tourny!! i talk so much about it,people probably think im a promoter for the event :) but truth be known, it is an awesome time. my brother(bassturd) and his wife ar going as well as my GF (striper chic). you need to try it at least once,you will be hooked!! as many already know,im having a "party"/fish taco fry on thurs. and or fri. (may14-15) and all are welcome. do yourself a favor and try it out!! BIG COUNTRY WILL NEED TO PAY BACK THE FAVOR THIS YEAR IF HE'S ON SOME GOOD FFISH!!!!

GOOD FISHING TO ALL, JEFF

Hey Jeff.. Where is your rental located and how much per night. I may be interested in renting a few days in the summer. thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast