Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 40 mins at santa fe dam

Default 40 mins at santa fe dam

Got there at 3:30 we just put 2 lines in the water both with a carp recipe my brother told me about. And then I got in the car because it was starting to rain. 10 mins later I went to check the rods and waited a bit to see if one whould bite.and about 10 seconds later the bobber starts jumping up and down! I get the rod fell the bite and set the hook but it did not hook =( so I missed that one. After throwing that one back in I go back in the car. I wait about another ten minutes and then something tells me to go check the rods. So I get out of the car and start walking to the rods half way there rod goes BENDO! I run to it but I was too late again!! =( so we left because I had a dentist appointment. Well at least they bit =) now I know the bait does work =)

Fishing in the rain can be changeling at least you got into some action

Quote Originally Posted by lilmystery246 View Post
    Got there at 3:30 we just put 2 lines in the water both with a carp recipe my brother told me about. And then I got in the car because it was starting to rain. 10 mins later I went to check the rods and waited a bit to see if one whould bite.and about 10 seconds later the bobber starts jumping up and down! I get the rod fell the bite and set the hook but it did not hook =( so I missed that one. After throwing that one back in I go back in the car. I wait about another ten minutes and then something tells me to go check the rods. So I get out of the car and start walking to the rods half way there rod goes BENDO! I run to it but I was too late again!! =( so we left because I had a dentist appointment. Well at least they bit =) now I know the bait does work =)
    what is that recipe that your brother told you about and can i have that recipe plus where did you fish at santa fe dam

youll get em next time.

any bass? jk good job man. at least you get out there.

nice try dude.

maybe you should get yourself a poncho for those rainy day fishing trips.
    Last edited by smokinflies; 02-14-2009 at 09:22 PM.

dam the skunk! hey, at least they bit. maybe next time.
    keep the reports coming.

you should also try reseda park as well. Heard there's gigantic carps there.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmystery246 View Post
    Bring a Pancho next time LOL. Well the hass bitten you, better luck next time.

Next time, try flylining the bait. Don't use any weights, not even splitshots. Once carp feel the weight, they just spit it out. Without, the carp will take it and run.

I remember last summer I was fishing for carp and I saw my line move just a little bit. I didn't set the hook because I thought it was just a bluegill. Well, about thirty minutes later when I went to reel in my line, the bait fought back! Fish on!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast