Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aqueduct lure teqnique- how to

How deep are you anchored?

How fast are you trolling? Running?

Quote Originally Posted by breeze71 View Post
    How deep are you anchored?
    after I launch my boat at Quail lake, I'll usually anchor up in about 2-5' while I set up my winch to pull the boat over the gates....I'll usually make 2-3 100 yard trolling passes before I settle down and anchor up in each duct run.....I like anchoring in the duct in about 14-18 inches of water, and I'm always being concious and carefull to note the Dan Hernandez "Duct anchoring tequniques"

Quote Originally Posted by CAPT'N View Post
    How fast are you trolling? Running?

BUT...........
    In my years of trolling experience, trolling has poven to be an ineffective method at the duct. but it spares you the walking
    Last edited by gletemfeelsteelgary; 02-18-2009 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post
    after I launch my boat at Quail lake, I'll usually anchor up in about 2-5' while I set up my winch to pull the boat over the gates....I'll usually make 2-3 100 yard trolling passes before I settle down and anchor up in each duct run.....I like anchoring in the duct in about 14-18 inches of water, and I'm always being concious and carefull to note the Dan Hernandez "Duct anchoring tequniques"

BUT...........
    In my years of trolling experience, trolling has poven to be an ineffective method at the duct. but it spares you the walking

I found a spot to launch with a trailer!

Nice post Gary, thanks for the 411!

TD

Thanks Gary, i appreciate the info !

thaks gary can't wait to get out and try. should be there now but, i have been doing yard work all day and i am beat.

Thank you very much for the tips and info Gary. You didnt have to go through all the hard work and effort on your post to show us rookies how its done, but you did and that just shows us what a Class A fisherman you are! thanks for your time.

FYI......

Here are a couple of pics of the SHAPE of duct in Hesperia area (pretty common to all areas)... When it was drained. Only about a foot or less of water at the time..
    2-2007 drained for repairs and clean up...
    Shape is \_/ not V ..... Flat bottomed....
    Depth here is about 15' when full pool....

Last edited by Nessie Hunter; 03-27-2009 at 08:48 AM.

Good pics....
    real good info...it's imperitive to have a mental image of what is happening underwater when fishing out there, this aids in the mental picture a whole lot..

I do beleive this is one of the more narrow areas from what I can tell but is definately is a great depiction on the layout, I think in most areas that flatter section may be a few feet wider though.

Good stuff..thank you.
    Gary

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast