Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: First time in the newport bay

Default First time in the newport bay

Headed out to Newport Bay and gonna tube it, we launched from 15th street by the american legion. Heard it was a kewl place and the hook-up was great. Got on the water around 11am and started throwing some berkley jerk shad in white pattern, no hits. Threw some more different colors, no success. Then we chovie'd and the hit was on. Wife got the hook-up on this sand bass. She was estatic. She said she was nervous cause you never know what u are gonna bring up.

Then i hooked up on this Smoothie that was a decent fight, by the way we were using our ultralight tackle. All in all was a great day, really like tubin the bay and we definetly we do it again. I would like to know if any other member know's a great hot spot in the bay. Like by which area or boat?

909fisher

Hey 909fisher,

GREAT REPORT!!!!! I love launching from 15th street.....such an easy launch!!! Glad you enjoyed fishing the bay.

I have always had luck fishing the boats straight across from the launch site. Just kick out to them then drift between them casting at the boats and letting the bait sink before you retrieve....Just be careful cause there is alot of things to get snagged on around the boats!

I do know a few better spots to launch from further back in the bay, but the launch is not as easy!!!! I will let you know when I plan to tube again, maybe you and your wife would like to go.

sonarbp

Thanks Sonar, Yeah we gonna hit the bay again for sure. i gotta get us some better fin's. Right now i have those caddis ones and they feel way too lose.. so gotta upgrade.. well let me know when u are gonna head out...
    909fisher

Well some of the guys on the board are thinking maybe sat morning!! I will let you know for sure when the details are worked out.

About the fins....I got mine from sports authority....about $19 for the surge fins.

check you pm's I will send you some coupons for ten bucks off at sports authority!! :lol:

sonarbp

k

I will check sports authority out....

thanks
    909fisher

Thanks for the report and the pics.

8)

Tm65

Default Tubin the Bay

I tube the bay about 4 times a week. I noticed that 3 inch Halloween hammers are the best for the spottie's on the piling's. I fish mornings and nights, and found that the Halloweens are the best hands down!

Nice pics, thanks for the report.