Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inflating a nightcrawler

I use diabetic insulin needles very small syringe in fact Skaguy and I nicked named them Barry Bonds or A-rod I just gave a shload of them to Skaguy now everyone thinks we are on the juice

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post

"And the best part is that you can also add scents to the oil"

-Skyler
    This I will have to try! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Try inflating them with oil instead of air. The oil is lighter than water, so it still floats, but it will stay in the worm for much longer, instead of leaking out and sinking the worm. And the best part is that you can also add scents to the oil, he he he. As for where to stick the little guy, right behind the egg sac, about 1/16th" or so deep. Inflate SLOWLY. Canola oil works well. Good luck.

-Skyler
    That is an exceptional idea Skyler, I'm all over it! That is a great idea.

Japo

lol funny story indo... did you try that on tony... ROFL

Here is crude attempt at a quick picture of how I do em.. I use half a crawler and thread them. I have both the needle and the blower. Both work but I prefer the needle. As mentioned, dont go through both sides of the worm. Get the needle in to the center. Inflately slowly until the worm starts to leak air or just before once you get the technique down.

Scented oil is an interesting idea too. I have used some of the liquid attractants in worms with success so the right oil based concoction might be worth trying.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inflated threaded night crawler.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	10299  
    Last edited by slief; 02-13-2009 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slief View Post
    Here is crude attempt at a quick picture of how I do em.. I use half a crawler and thread them. I have both the needle and the blower. Both work but I prefer the needle. As mentioned, dont go through both sides of the worm. Get the needle in to the center. Inflately slowly until the worm starts to leak air or just before once you get the technique down.

Scented oil is an interesting idea too. I have used some of the liquid attractants in worms with success so the right oil based concoction might be worth trying.
    That's a good diagram, thanks slief!

Japo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12