Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Shimano Voltaeus

Default Shimano Voltaeus

Any one tried these rods yet?

Man for the price and the limited life time warranty. You cant go wrong. Different rod for different application and it wont break the bank.
    $40-$50 per rod

http://fish.shimano.com/publish/cont.../voltaeus.html

http://www.voltaeus.com/

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewshimanovoltaeus.html
    Last edited by Lightline; 02-09-2009 at 10:51 PM.

I'm more interested in the competition than the rod itself. ;)

Hmmmmm..

Seems they are using the Ugly Stick as a benchmark & competition..

I have, and use 2 Ugly's. One Ultra lite that is my go to rod for Float Tube, and one is a 6 1/2 ft 20 to 40# (which I like "much more" then my 20 to 40 Seeker-Black Steel).

Call me a redneck, but they are light, powerful, & work great.. I like them a lot...

I was also surprised to see Shimano has acquired Power Pro...

Default rednecks and ugly poles, I mean stix

Ok redneck... I certainly qualify as I too have an Ugly casting stick (and I'm from N. Florida), I like it and plan on buying another "lite" version. Being the cheapskate that I am, they seem like a good buy, and come in a pretty wide variety of sizes / power /action ratings. The Voltaeus looks interesting, but no word so far, just a small intro on TackleTour awhile back. I guess it's good having more (cheap) choices.

CRVZ and I each have Ugly sticks tooo. she loves hers and I must admit, my 6'6" has a stock backbone for hook sets, with a very sensative tip to see and feel the bites. They are great for the price and you can always rely on them. I bet more people than you even think still use them.

i saw the whole line of these rods at B&M they are pretty cool, but they are pretty much an ugly stick competitor only silver.

i like my ugle stiks, but after buying the cumara, i can't put it down, besides my uglys are spinning, i actually want to get rid of my ugly lite...

Hopefully these won't weigh 50,000lbs like all the other Ugly Stiks. Sure they may never break, but
    that just means one more crappy rod haunting you in your rod locker.
    Last edited by calico killer kevin; 02-12-2009 at 10:28 PM.

come to think of it, i havent fished with the ugly's in like 8 months or so