Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "SWBA" 'The Spiderwire Cabin Fever Reliever'

Default "SWBA" 'The Spiderwire Cabin Fever Reliever'

Hi all,

Eddie (HESBROS) and I fished in the Salt Water Bass Anglers "The Spiderwire Cabin Fever Reliever'" Event in NPH on Sat 2/7. Spottie's ONLY!!!!

My thanks to those that sent PM's with encouragement!

This was the 1st of 6 events for their season and out first event as a team.

A member of FNN finished on the 1st Place Team for a nice payday of $1,533.00.

But it was not our Team 47 "Spotted Fever".

Conditions were tough for all competitors out there today with the weather, big tide swing, and some very stained turning to muddy waters as the day progressed.

We could just not find the bigger fish that we were getting during all our normal fun trips together!!

We did weigh our biggest 5 fish for a total of 5.92 lbs. and put our abnormal 1.29 lb. Big Fish in for a prayer that we would not even measure or weigh on most days but we were scrapping for them!!!

The Big Boy Teams came out to play today that were not there at my last event with my son.

We ended up 28th out of 68 teams. No money for us, but we were happy we at least had 5 fish to weigh in and we did get crucial points for the series!!!!!!

Next stop Dana Point for the Calico Coastal on April 4!

Steve

P.S. Sorry no pics today as we were a little busy fishing!

Sounds like a fun day on the water despite the tough conditions Steve. I've been going stir crazy not being able to get out in the surf for the past couple of weeks. Maybe things will clear up for next weekend.
    You & Eddie make a fine team... congrats on earning the points, keep up the nice work. Good luck on your next five series and looking forward to the report updates.

Steve,

28th place isn't too far down the line!! And I see that you're ahead of some of those "Big Boy Teams", so you and Eddie did pretty good IMO. Keep up the good work out there.... and congratulations!!

John

Steve, you forgot to mention, if any one happens to snag or hook a Abu Garcia rod with an Ambassadar reel, say around 5th street in NPH, please let "FLYNGBY" know!!!! LOL.....Now I know where your screen name came from, it went "FLYNGBY"!!!!!!! Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!

Steve,
    On a serious note, thanks for driving to rig most of the day (for those who never have steered around with a trolling motor and fished at the same time, it takes talent) and all the hard work you have done in preperation for the series and this event. Sorry if it seemd like I was getting a bit Crabby and cranky as day wore on. I was just frustrated that the damn fish we have no problem finding were hiding so well and I had to peeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Eddie
    Last edited by HESBROS; 02-09-2009 at 08:05 AM.

Congrats guys, good job...

Great start to a winning season for you...

Quote Originally Posted by HESBROS View Post
    ......Steve, On a serious note, thanks for driving to rig most of the day (for those who never have steered around with a trolling motor and fished at the same time, it takes talent) and all the hard work you have done in preperation for the series and this event. Sorry if it seemd like I was getting a bit Crabby and cranky as day wore on. I was just frustrated that the damn fish we have no problem finding were hiding so well and I had to peeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Eddie
    You got that right Eddie!! Steve working that boat into all those tiny spaces is what distracted me from catching more fish. The whole time we were out there, I was like how in the heck does he do that?!!!! Truly amazing.....

Steve,
    Sorry to hear about the setup that went Flyngby!

Steve

It was great to finally meet you at the basstravaganza.
    It was tough conditions for sure on Sat. 28th is not bad...... besides like you said you got the "crucial points for the series!!!!!!"

Maybe we can get together sometime and do a little fishing before the Dana tourney.

Brian (sonarbp)

Quote Originally Posted by sonarbp View Post
    Steve

It was great to finally meet you at the basstravaganza.
    It was tough conditions for sure on Sat. 28th is not bad...... besides like you said you got the "crucial points for the series!!!!!!"

Maybe we can get together sometime and do a little fishing before the Dana tourney.

Brian (sonarbp)
    Brian, we will be using my boat in the Dana round.....Lets hook up on a monday and do some prefishing down there....it is going to come in hurry! I am going down to NPH on foot right now in the rain to get my revenge on those damn spotties!

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by HESBROS View Post
    Brian, we will be using my boat in the Dana round.....Lets hook up on a monday and do some prefishing down there....it is going to come in hurry! I am going down to NPH on foot right now in the rain to get my revenge on those damn spotties!

Eddie
    Sounds good Eddie! Just need to know what day would be good. My business is real slow right now so I can swing pretty much any day of the week. Your right about the next tourney date.......April is just around the corner.

Have you guys ever fished down near Dana? Lots of great boiler fishing and alot of hidden structure that hold big fish!!!

Brian

Welcome to the SWBA guys! I have fished a few tournaments here and there but this year is my first full SWBA season! Pre-fishing really made the difference for us. We stuck to our plan and it managed to work out for a 7th Place finish and paycheck! SOOO STOKED to make top 10 our first tourney against all the big dogss. See u guys in Dana!

Next up the Wallbanger!!

Boat #20 - Team FACE DOWN bASS UP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast