Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: corona lake 2-7-09 with pics 20 trout

those lighning trout really look amazing, ive never seen one in person.
    nice job on the slay fest, you and your team really know how to put dinner on the table

I dont know if you knew this but im just going to throw it out there. Sometimes you need to revive fish by moving them back and forth so they can get oxygen through their gills and once they are revived you will start to fell them trying to swim away... thats when you know you can let them go and have revived.

Quote Originally Posted by lalo56 View Post
    I dont know if you knew this but im just going to throw it out there. Sometimes you need to revive fish by moving them back and forth so they can get oxygen through their gills and once they are revived you will start to fell them trying to swim away... thats when you know you can let them go and have revived.
    yes i knew this already dude

Quote Originally Posted by lilmystery246 View Post
    yes i knew this already dude
    Okay dude!

Quote Originally Posted by lalo56 View Post
    the best way to save a fish is to cut your line and leave the hook inside the fish...some how the hook will dissolve away...you loose a hook but u save a fish...thats what i was told to do when i catch something i dont want to keep or too small...hope this helps!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seng90806 View Post
    the best way to save a fish is to cut your line and leave the hook inside the fish...some how the hook will dissolve away...you loose a hook but u save a fish...thats what i was told to do when i catch something i dont want to keep or too small...hope this helps!!
    yes but for some reason i feel bad leaving a hook in it

Quote Originally Posted by lilmystery246 View Post
    yes but for some reason i feel bad leaving a hook in it

The hooks you were prob using were small hooks for trout so there is no need to feel bad throwing a bass back with the line in it's mouth just cut the line as close as possible to the stomach with out hurting/cutting his gills and put him back ASAP.

p.s When you land a bass try not to scream or spook them when out of the water they are known to get heart attacks cause they eat fatty foods.

Bigred

so instead you decided to get the hook out n kill the poor bass....
    shame on you...

Quote Originally Posted by Porkchop5420 View Post
    so instead you decided to get the hook out n kill the poor bass....
    shame on you...
    It was in the lip how did it die. It was still moving and then I started rocking it back and fourth so it chould get oxigen but no luck

Lilmystery
    I wouldn't worry about it...I believe the legal limit is 5??? You pay for your license and to fish the lake, its your right if you want to keep them.

If the DFG feels the bass are becoming endangered then they can raise the limit. I wouldn't let people get under your skin about it.

If you decide to keep bass in the future, I guess you learned a lesson not to post the pictures of it on here unless you want to hear a bunch of people whining.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast