Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: corona lake 2-7-09 with pics 20 trout

dead bass. bummer dude. i know you wanna get your moneys worth...and i don't fish corona lake, so I'm not really super concerned about the bass population there. but i am always kinda sad when i see bass kickin' it on the dinner table lined up with a bunch of other fishy's.

how did your bass sandwich end up tasting? what did you catch him on out there?

nice job on the fishes though. worth the price of the entry fee for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by The Angler View Post
    So u can have the staff filet yor catch at corona lake ? If so how much do they charge?
    Yes sur they charge 2 dollas per fish and man they do a great job and they do it fast =).

Quote Originally Posted by trap-rattle View Post
    dead bass. bummer dude. i know you wanna get your moneys worth...and i don't fish corona lake, so I'm not really super concerned about the bass population there. but i am always kinda sad when i see bass kickin' it on the dinner table lined up with a bunch of other fishy's.

how did your bass sandwich end up tasting? what did you catch him on out there?

nice job on the fishes though. worth the price of the entry fee for sure!
    Its says what I caught them on in the pics. We haven't eat them. Yes I also get kinda sad when I want to release a bass but it can't swim away.

Thanks for the pics and report you guys killed um.Now go do the dishes.lol

Bigred

Quote Originally Posted by lilmystery246 View Post
    Yes sur they charge 2 dollas per fish and man they do a great job and they do it fast =).

What 2 bucks a fish ouch thats a little pricey in my book for a gill and gut.You need to learn how to do it it's real easy on trout you can gill and gut them or fillet them it's really easy.

Bigred
    Last edited by BIGRED KILLA; 02-09-2009 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRED KILLA View Post
    What 2 bucks a fish ouch thats a little steep in my book for a gill and gut.You need to learn how to do it it's real easy on trout you can gill and gut them or fillet them it's really easy.

Bigred
    Yes but they leave no bone or anything its clean perfect and sometimes I'm too lazy to clean them myself

Hell yeah you slayed LMB ! Totally cool !

Good looking trout!

Nice job on the trout. Wouldn't have kept the bass myself...those things dont even taste good...to me atleast.

Out in Cali where there are just so many people beating up the water I can understand why people prefer conservative fishing for the Bass--I agree. I have released the LMB I have caught here in Cali as well. That said, LMB is a very popular food fish! It's a very white, lean, clean, and flakey (when cooked) meat with a mild flavor. It's great prepared almost anyway and very easy to prep. LMB meat is similar to striped bass and most of the panfish you can catch in the local lakes. If you like fish, I don't see how you couldn't like LMB. When I see people claim that LMB "doesn't taste good to them", fine thats an opinion, but I think it's pretty transparent and looks more like an excuse to keep people away from impacting the LMB population....hey you gotta do what you gotta do but I'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

Now, the carp you catch in most of our North American lakes... on the other hand...yeah I've read some places its how you cook it and prepare it but I think its much more of an acquired flavor/texture than a neutral meat like Striper, Catfish, Bass, Bluegill or Crappie. Some catfish can taste nasty too, it's been best to stick with the Channel cats, from my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty99 View Post
    Out in Cali where there are just so many people beating up the water I can understand why people prefer conservative fishing for the Bass--I agree. I have released the LMB I have caught here in Cali as well. That said, LMB is a very popular food fish! It's a very white, lean, clean, and flakey (when cooked) meat with a mild flavor. It's great prepared almost anyway and very easy to prep. LMB meat is similar to striped bass and most of the panfish you can catch in the local lakes. If you like fish, I don't see how you couldn't like LMB. When I see people claim that LMB "doesn't taste good to them", fine thats an opinion, but I think it's pretty transparent and looks more like an excuse to keep people away from impacting the LMB population....hey you gotta do what you gotta do but I'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

Now, the carp you catch in most of our North American lakes... on the other hand...yeah I've read some places its how you cook it and prepare it but I think its much more of an acquired flavor/texture than a neutral meat like Striper, Catfish, Bass, Bluegill or Crappie. Some catfish can taste nasty too, it's been best to stick with the Channel cats, from my experience.
    i agree with u .

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast