Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Phelps 'Sorry' After Bong Photo

Default Michael Phelps 'Sorry' After Bong Photo

Olympic swimming champion Michael Phelps has acknowledged "regrettable" behavior and "bad judgment" after he was depicted in a photo using a bong.

In a statement released to "The Insider," the swimmer -- who won a record eight gold medals at the Beijing Games -- conceded the authenticity of the exclusive picture published Sunday by the tabloid News of the World. The photo depicted Phelps smoking from a water pipe, commonly referred to as a bong, which is frequently used to smoke marijuana.

Phelps said: "I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment. I'm 23 years old and despite the successes I've had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public it will not happen again."

He's a young guy with a ton of pessure on him. it just sucks that he's in the spotlight too. Sure he made a mistake but everybody needs to lay off him.

OH!!! you mean he's human!!!!...........you're forgiven Mike

I, personally was somewhat disappointed in him. Not so much for the bad judgement, which can be easily forgiven, we were all young once. But for the millions of youngsters all over the world... that looked up to him.

i dont think he choose to be looked up to but it just happened that way cause he achieved his goals and people admire him for it. what he does outside of the pool is his own life, leave it alone. for the public, it only really matters what he does in the pool that we should care about.

" i promise i won't get caught next time"...

dont you guys know those are tabacco use only hahaha! who care so he hit the pipe... at least it wasnt a crack pipe or a needle going in his arm... i say no worse than drinking beer or the hard stuff..if anything i think beer will get you a lot more faded than smoking some grass

Come on! He is 23!
    How many 23 year old are there out there that smoke weed, a lot. When I saw the picture I was laughing my *** off (that's my boy Phelps taking a hit) LOL

I too was disappointed in him.

I was amazed that he was able to achieve so many medals.

He let down many children that may have seen him as a role model. The ones that looked up to him will say, well Michael Phelps did it, so its no biggy.

Besides letting the children down. He’s a dumb *** for loosing the contracts that he has already lost and for those contracts that he might loose in the future.

With all the money he made, you’d figure he would at least fly to Amsterdam and smoke it there.

Chances like his only come once in a life time.

Would you have done what he done, that is the question and risk all those contracts and the money?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightline View Post
    I too was disappointed in him.

I was amazed that he was able to achieve so many medals.

He let down many children that may have seen him as a role model. The ones that looked up to him will say, well Michael Phelps did it, so its no biggy.

Besides letting the children down. He’s a dumb *** for loosing the contracts that he has already lost and for those contracts that he might loose in the future.

With all the money he made, you’d figure he would at least fly to Amsterdam and smoke it there.

Chances like his only come once in a life time.

Would you have done what he done, that is the question and risk all those contracts and the money?
    Maybe it was really good stuff....

GD

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast