Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: El Dorado 2/5 whats the word on the street?

Default El Dorado 2/5 whats the word on the street?

Went to Eldo yesterday around 4pm to jog for awhile and I noticed it was packed! People were lined up by the old ranger station. It looked like a derby or something? Possible stocking? Looked like there were a good amount of poachers as-well . Now for the good news, the rangers were out there and it looked like they were tweaking people up big time. It was great! Saw one guy try to grab his 20 rods and run when he saw the popo roll up on him...but he got caught lol. Wish I had a cam. In the couple of laps I did of the lake I saw the rangers going person to person soooo be sure to have your FL with you. Poachers best stay away unless you want a nice hefty fine. Was anyone there? Maybe some clarifcation of what the big hooha was all about?

Quote Originally Posted by Brody View Post
    Went to Eldo yesterday around 4pm to jog for awhile and I noticed it was packed! People were lined up by the old ranger station. It looked like a derby or something? Possible stocking? Looked like there were a good amount of poachers as-well . Now for the good news, the rangers were out there and it looked like they were tweaking people up big time. It was great! Saw one guy try to grab his 20 rods and run when he saw the popo roll up on him...but he got caught lol. Wish I had a cam. In the couple of laps I did of the lake I saw the rangers going person to person soooo be sure to have your FL with you. Poachers best stay away unless you want a nice hefty fine. Was anyone there? Maybe some clarifcation of what the big hooha was all about?
    It was probably packed with poachers due to a kids report on Eldo a short time ago......said bass fishing off the hook....

lmao @ "popo".....

GD

Doh hate the "popo" LOL, but I have to admit as someone who actually ploops down good money 4 my Lic and never seems to have enoufgh time to fish, I fell a lil bit gratified when the poachers who always catch all the fish before i get a shot at the lil bitty city lakes get jammed up.

Im torn lol!

man one time my homie an i were at la Mirada Regional and these cats were just emptying out the lake! i mean they were stuffing em in their back packs and everything, they just had the sweet spot and wernt giving it up.
    Swear on my mothers eyes they fished out the lake in a few hours literally!
    Last edited by Here fishy fishy...; 02-05-2009 at 02:09 PM.

Wow I would be surprised if all those people were lined up for bass due to a post here ghettodad! I'm sure it's happened before but seriously it was back to back people. I hear you HFF on watching a lake get drained by poachtastic poachers which is why I was actually glad to see the fuzz out there! We're the ones spending the bling on licenses and following the rules...baton and taser the rest!

Glad to hear that the cops are peppering poachers.It's a shame when poachers ruin a good spot.

I was there Yesterday. Yes, the ranger was there. He did bust someone. El Do does have some sneaky old timers who poach and do selective catching (ie trading up). Yes, there are people who have the Park ranger on speed dial. Yes, the ranger can be self-righteous and annoying by approaching you and spouting off regulations that you are not even breaking!!

So please come fish at eldo if you like drama...enjoy

Hey Bradakas what was everyone lined up for? Just curious as I don't see it crowded like that often, and I run there all the time. You can PM me if you'd like, unless your keeping it on the DL.

Hey Bradakas what was everyone lined up for? Just curious as I don't see it crowded like that often, and I run there all the time. You can PM me if you'd like, unless your keeping it on the DL.
    trout stocking...people there fishing

Went to Eldo yesterday around 4pm to jog for awhile and I noticed it was packed! People were lined up by the old ranger station. It looked like a derby or something? Possible stocking? Looked like there were a good amount of poachers as-well .
    sounds like the lake just got stocked. santa fe dam was the same way on thursday. everyone fishing shoulder to shoulder casting toward the boat launch. it was a sad sight to see.

do you fish or jog cause this is a fishing website not a jack la lanes website.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast