Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: April 18th -Flathead Fever 1

Default April 18th -Flathead Fever 1

April 18th the set date for Flathead fever one at the Colorado River. Meeting place will be at Cibola Camp site. Same site as the Canal Expeditions site. Anglers can fish in boat or canal for this event. This will be a tournament. $25 dollar fee for this event including big flat and big channel (20 dollars for big flat, and 5 dollar single fee for biggest channel). This event will last until 8am Sunday morning for weigh in and distribution of prizes and money. No team event, just individual. Team events will be in an earlier and later events I will host.

Big flat will be broken down into 1st thru 3rd place. Single big channel will be biggest channel takes all.

I am working on sponsors for this event and also have some secured. Will announce them when they are all on deck. If anyone else wants to help out with sponsorship please contact me. Also there will be a seminar on how to target Spring time flats to be given at meeting point at 8am. Also how to target bait and keep them alive.

This is your chance to learn how to catch flatheads and also have fun in a tournament. Plus the weather is not too hot either. Again participants can use either boat or shore. Both are easily accessible from Cibola. More details to follow soon. If interested please post your intent. Thanks in advance.

1. Bluehunter.
    Last edited by bluehunter; 03-09-2009 at 10:29 PM.

fullstringer+3

1. Bluehunter
    2. Fullstringer +3

How far is the meeting place from Palo Verde?? Also is the Cibola camp in Cali. or Az??
    Sounds like a great time...

Any links to a map??

Thanks

flatman + 1

Quote Originally Posted by cardsharx View Post
    How far is the meeting place from Palo Verde?? Also is the Cibola camp in Cali. or Az??
    Sounds like a great time...

Any links to a map??

Thanks
    There are two locations of Cibola I found that out during the last meeting.

We will be meeting in California off HWY 78. Coming from Los Angeles you would take interstate 10 to hwy 78 which is before you enter the town of blythe and make a right on hwy78. Continue pass the town of Palo Verde and after about 2-3 miles you will see a sign that will say Cibola camp refugee. Turn left and continue on dirt rd. Venture to your right and take dirt road on left and you will run into camp.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...06931&t=h&z=18

1. Bluehunter
    2. Fullstringer + 3
    3. Flatman +1

Default Flathead fever 1

I'll try and get there don't live too far in Cathedral City . I just joined the group today and this is my first post I hope i'm doing it right. I love the canals and river and above all CATFISH . The hotter weather the better the fishing . Please let me know how my post turned out thanks . low dsrt jon

Welcome to FNN. Your post came out fine.

I actually host 3-4 events a year at the Canals and river. I will also have a tournament in June and also early August. Might even hold one in the fall depending on interest. Catfishing is what I do and what I love. Panfish and ocean as well but catfishing first.
    Look forward to seeing and talking to you. If you may have additions let me know.

Brian.

1. Bluehunter
    2. Fullstringer + 3
    3. Flatman +1
    4. Trueblue
    5. low dsrt jon + 2
    Last edited by bluehunter; 02-09-2009 at 12:09 PM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast