Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 06/09 Newport Tubin Report

Default 06/09 Newport Tubin Report

Met up with Sea Murda at the 15th street lauch site at 6:30 (sorry for being late Chad). Launched around 7 am. We were there until 2 pm. The weather was perfect. Most of the fish were caught on Berkely Gulps. All fish were released.

Fish caught (combined):
    Spotties: 8-10
    Halibuts: 8-10
    White Sea Bass: 1

I'll post a pic once Chad sends it to me. By the way, there were a lot of jellies in the water. Thank God for waders!

hahaha, I forgot about all of the jelly fish! I've never seen so many in my life. I only have a couple pics, I'll post them up when I get home......

Glad you guys made it out!!!! I wish I could have joined you but I took the wife to the park to fish!!!!

Pretty easy launch site huh? I know alot of other areas to launch from that can get you into a larger variety of fish rather than bass!!!!

Let me know when you guys plan to go again.

sonarbp

sonarbp - yeah man, that must have been the easiest launch I've ever done!

Default ohh yeah

we launched from 15th street as well, saw alot of jelly fish. Was kinda strange, but i think they were in spawning season. We were tubing all around them. I geuss they won't hurt u.

Default white sea bass

What do the white sea bass hit on? What is the go to plastic to use in the bay?
    thanks
    909fisher

Default Re: white sea bass

Quote Originally Posted by 909fisher
    thanks
    909fisher
    I swear by Berkely Saltwater Jerkshad in pearl white. Chad will agree with me on this since he has seen how well it produced for us. Penny or bronze in overcast mornings. The Berkely Gulp shrimps do okay as well. We will be going out again this saturday. I'll post an official invite on Thursday.

Default Re: white sea bass

we launched from 15th street as well, saw alot of jelly fish. Was kinda strange, but i think they were in spawning season. We were tubing all around them. I geuss they won't hurt u.
    The jellies are actually getting less and less!!!!! A few months ago they were everywhere.....by the hundreds.....now it seems like they thinned out a bit.

thanks
    909fisher
    The white sea bass in Newport Bay are not going to be very large at all....maybe between 12" to 16". The Balboa Angler Club helps maintain the white sea bass pins in the Bay and when they release the fish most of them swim out to sea.

If you want to try for them in the bay toss any type of gulp! The fish in Newport love the stuff. I reccomend you throw a 5" jerk shad in sardine color or pearl white and the 4" curl tail mullet in glow or pearl. Please practice safe catch and release on the bass in Newport!!!! the numbers or the years have declined!!!

sonarbp

Sea Murda nice hali!!!!! I know they have been hitting pretty good the past few weeks...the only problem is they all seem short! :shock: There are tons of them in Newport. How big was that one? From the looks of the tail it might be legal!!

I might tube sat morning for a few hours......you guys got plans?

sonarbp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast