Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Castaic Swim Bait Question???

Quote Originally Posted by dodoman View Post
    what are you, his pimp?

ive already connected him with some one who knows the value of swimbaits.
    i never made him an offer.
    im just yanking your chain DOH DOH man

its all good.
    just trying to help him out, thats all.
    if he does decide to sell them, I,LL be the first to make an offer.

Looks like you have the 1st generation. Hard to really tell from the pic. I have one of the 2nd generation and wondered the value of the bait myself. Like you said, "it's just too perty to throw." Mine is in a case hanging on the wall right now.

Dodoman..thanks for trying to help a brotha out.

Zombie....be nice brotha...lol

Socalbassman...yeah it's first generation. I bought the baits directly from Chomp (co-creator/owner of Castaic Bait Co.) I met the guy at the Goon while he was testing his prototypes out. At first, I thought he was crazy for throwing these massive trout plugs on saltwater gear. Until he stuck a pig on one. After seeing that you know I was sold. I offered him my soul...Lmao...I was such a bass noob back then.

Anybody know what they are worth today? I don't want to sell them. But if I was offered some sick amount I probably would consider it. Puhahaha...no I can't.

Anyone???? Any swimbaits gurus???
    Last edited by shy_boxer; 02-05-2009 at 03:01 PM.

Bump.......I am soo bored!
    Last edited by shy_boxer; 02-05-2009 at 03:34 PM.

The trout and bass have gone on ebay for $150-$200 each in the past year, but I haven't seen any for a while now. There aren't too many of the bass lures floating around, and they are pretty desirable so $200-$250. The trout is more common, so $150 or $200 depending on condition. They are definitely nowhere near $1000 together, maybe $500 if you sell them together, include the boxes, and if the swimbaits are in pristine condition. The problem is that with the recession the value will drop because people won't have the cash to pay up. If you ever want to sell/trade them, I would be very interested.

Why don't you use it? You crazy tackle ho.

Thanks BSP...you are a well versed swimbait angler.

I saw the ones on Ebay...however I didn't find the models that I have. I GOOGLED the whole entire web to find the prices. I did find a website that had a 2006 article that stated that these baits were going for $300-$500(depending on condition). But I don't know how reliable that source is. It was a 2006 article so who knows. Thus my question here.

These baits were the first production or first generation baits. The 2nd or 3rd rendition of these baits came in red boxes. First generation came in cardboard color box. I on the other hand have no box. I bought them directly from Chomp. The trout bait was purchased at the Goon (I begged him to sell me one) and the baby bass was purchased at the Fred Hall show in 1993/1994. I can't remember. But the baby bass is numbered 36A. I don't expect a grand...but my baits are in really good condition. I will keep you in mind if I do decide to sell them. Thanks...Tight Lines!!
    Last edited by shy_boxer; 02-05-2009 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SOSO View Post
    Why don't you use it? You crazy tackle ho.
    Are ju Craaa-Jiii mang!! I heard you were on fire at last night ninja mission!!

Quote Originally Posted by shy_boxer View Post
    Are ju Craaa-Jiii mang!! I heard you were on fire at last night ninja mission!!
    Felt like we were Saltwater fishing on a wide open Sand Bass bite. Lot's of fun.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast