Quote Originally Posted by shy_boxer View Post
Thanks BSP...you are a well versed swimbait angler.

I saw the ones on Ebay...however I didn't find the models that I have. I GOOGLED the whole entire web to find the prices. I did find a website that had a 2006 article that stated that these baits were going for $300-$500(depending on condition). But I don't know how reliable that source is. It was a 2006 article so who knows.

These baits were the first production or first generation baits. The 2nd or 3rd rendition of these baits came in red boxes. I on the other hand have no box. I bought them directly from Chomp. The trout bait was purchased at the Goon (I begged him to sell me one) and the baby bass was purchased at the Fred Hall show in 1993/1994. I can't remember. But the baby bass is numbered 36A. I don't expect a grand...but my baits are in really good condition. I will keep you in mind if I do decide to sell them. Thanks...Tight Lines!!
No problem!

That 2006 article was accurate for the time period, but the value has dropped since then because of the influx of swimbaits that exceed or surpass the castaics in terms of quality. They used to be much more desirable because they were the most realistic trout and bass lures on the market. Now, you can get lures from companies like 3:16 that surpass them in terms of realism (3:16 baby bass and Real Deal), are comparable in terms of swimming action, and in addition to being cheaper in price.

http://www.huddlestondeluxe.com/heav...ssclassic.html
That link may give you a bit more information, or at least a way to contact people who could help you out more than I have. If you could contact Ken Huddleston, he might be able to help. I'll admit that my prices could be wrong since I am only going off of what I have seen on ebay and heard on other message boards before.

In any case, those lures are collectible pieces of swimbait "history" that you are lucky to own. I am glad to have been of some help. Good Luck!