Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intake 2 and South Lake 6/7 - 6/10

Default Intake 2 and South Lake 6/7 - 6/10

My dad and I hit up the sierras over the weekend. I decided to leave the boat at home and take up the trailer so my dad could camp in luxury. We stayed at the Creekside RV Park on South Lake Rd, this place was awesome, the people that run the place were great and the campgrounds had all the amenities you could ask for. We fished South Lake and Intake 2 all 3 days, Intake 2 was the hot spot for us. We got smoked at South Lake but I saw a guy pull out a 6-7 lb Alper on a rainbow pattern Rooster Tail, most the people we had talked to all had the same luck at South Lake. Intake 2 was money, We caught 20 or so stockers and I got 1 fat 3.5lb Alpers. All the fish caught at Intake 2 came on the trusted red / gold Thomas Bouyant. The bait fishing was slow but the lure fishing was great all weekend. Here's the pics of the big boy, didn't bother with pics of the stockers.

Dad and I keeping it reel.

We also fished the South Fork Bishop creeh and caught a few stockers drifting salmon eggs.

Good luck out there boys and girls.

Looks like a very nice outing, thanks for the report.

you don't see those in Castiac...nice dude.
    i think if you would have spent less time drinkin you would have caught more fish... :food:

Quote Originally Posted by I'llBeHomeLater
    you don't see those in Castiac...nice dude.
    i think if you would have spent less time drinkin you would have caught more fish... :food:
    I think if you would take your balls out of your girl's purse, you would've been FISHIN and DRINKIN with us. JK :thumb:

Nice catch dude. Which part of the lake did you catch that from? I will be going up there Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by SoadTilt15
    Nice catch dude. Which part of the lake did you catch that from? I will be going up there Thursday.
    I just sent you a PM with the location.

Nice job on the Alper bro...and kudos for scoring at the intake on the iron. South has been tough the last two weeks...even with the big load of Alpers we put in and the dump of DFG fish last week, the fish just aren't easy to get. We'll be putting in another load of Alpers pretty soon and the DFG will be stocking weekly now so I expect things to pick up...at least I hope so, damn I rarely get out of the canyon this time of year so I depend on South and Sabrina to produce.

Peace,
    Smitty
    GM South Lake Boat Landing

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra_Smitty
    Nice job on the Alper bro...and kudos for scoring at the intake on the iron. South has been tough the last two weeks...even with the big load of Alpers we put in and the dump of DFG fish last week, the fish just aren't easy to get. We'll be putting in another load of Alpers pretty soon and the DFG will be stocking weekly now so I expect things to pick up...at least I hope so, damn I rarely get out of the canyon this time of year so I depend on South and Sabrina to produce.

Peace,
    Smitty
    GM South Lake Boat Landing
    Thanks Smitty. The crazy thing is the trout were everywhere at South Lake, they just didn't feel like eating I guess. Thats probably why they call it fishing and not catching. South Lake is beautiful, I'll be back again in a month or so because I know this lake produces.

:mrgreen:

Thanks for your report

Congrats on your catch

:thumb:

Tm65

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast