Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lines and Lures

Default Lines and Lures

How should the line be properly secured to the lures? also im pretty sure i do not need weight when using lures correct? Pictures would be greatly appreciated.

I usually use the good old fisherman's knot. Look it up on google if you don't already know how to. With hard baits such as crank baits, you should not need to use a weight with the lure, that is how the lure is made. Good luck.

Google *fishing knots*....
    http://www.animatedknots.com/indexfishing.php

I almost always use the Palomar & Trilene knots...
    The Rapala is good for a little play in live bait and some hard baits.. The knot is not tight to the eye...

I like the double wrap on the eye with Palomar & Trilene. Plus they are very easy to tie & quick......

I almost always join line together with uni to uni (leader line & spectra to top shot etc)....

Weight on hard baits isnt needed.. But I have texas rigged hard baits to get down a tad more.... Not the best way, but works in a pinch....

if i wanna use a bobber on a spinning rod and bait and wait. how should i rig it?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishingmonkee View Post
    if i wanna use a bobber on a spinning rod and bait and wait. how should i rig it?
    Bobber, split shot half way down, hook or lure, bait(for hook not lure)

Quote Originally Posted by Fishingmonkee View Post
    Cant help ya on that.. Never did it.....