Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pismo clam diving ventura co. 2/1/09

Default Pismo clam diving ventura co. 2/1/09

I went diving today for a limit of Pismo clams , water temp. @ 57 deg. and vis. surgy at 10 ft. It took me 15 min. to find em and 20 min. to collect . [ NO SHORE COLLECTING HERE ] // db

Very cool thanks for the post.

Bigred

wow steve! all that in just over half an hour! that's really fast and dirty! i dont know anything about limits on clams...is that the limit? do they have size restrictions? great job and beautiful pic!

keepin it dirty,
    dirty girl

Nice report man...those clams look like they must have put up a good fight! Thanks man

GD

Diving for Clams ?

Nice going Steve. Thanks for the post & pic.

How are you going to eat the Clams? Making Chowder ?

ghetto dad , they were WFO , haha . Ive been diving this area for 12 years and always got my limit fast , but not this time . [ first dive ] I spent 1 hour on the bottom in my usual place or area and all the sand dollars were like standing on there edge and even buried beneath the sand , alot of nice rock crabs but not my goal , skunked . [ Second dive ] I moved over a couple of hundred yards and added more wt. to my B.C. for better bottom grip and started poking the sand with my dive knife instead of abalone iron and found em . [ bottom time was 34 min. ] even came across a small lobster just feeding out in the open [ realesed ] it seems the army corp. did a dreging of the local area harbors and then dumped the sand in MY SECRET SPOT , lol that second dive really kicked my butt as I could hardly make it back in with 30 lbs. of clams wting. me DOWN . I joined photobucket today and had more pics but could only get one photo to paste at a time . I poked my knife right in the back of a buried sting ray and it scared the s_it out of me , lol . fun day at the beach , take care // db

those are huge clams nice job

FLAT WATER CONDITIONS

Very cool DB........yummmmmm clams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast