Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelhead Preview!!!!

Default Steelhead Preview!!!!

Okay guys brace yourself's for whats about to come on President's Day Weekend..

So I put a call into Tim and the gang at Calavares and asked them if they could bring me a couple of the STEELHEAD'S to show case on the pages of FNN. They said no problem. What I did not expect was the absolute sheer size and beauty of these fish. They are solid let me tell you. Both of the fish Tim brought me where right at the 6lb mark. And these where the AVERAGE sized fish! These fish are going to tear people up. I know what everyone is saying. Where are the pics?? So here you go followed by some fillet pictures afterwards...
    Here is the bigger of the two fish..This one went 6.5lbs. A very solid fish.

Here is the 2nd fish. This one was right at the 6lb mark. Look at the colors on both fish and these pictures where taken with Dropshotman (Whitney's) digital camera with a polorized lens. I also want to point out the tails on these fish! Now that is what I call TAIL!!

Here is a couple of fillet pictures..I cant wait to take these home and fry them up Dr. Hook style..

These fish where absolutley packed with roe..

I could not get enough of the brillant colors on these fish. Look at the red on the gill plate. You wont see fish like this stocked anywhere else!

I can not wait for Presidents Day weekend. Our customers are in for a real treat with these fish. It's going to be epic watching everyone running up and down the shoreline chasing these brutes. Beware guys break out the heavy gear you are going to need it. On a further not Irvine Lake is not responsible for broken rods, burnt out drag and broken hearts after an encounter with these fish. Hope to see eveyone again soon.
    Jimmy

Hey Jimmy, Very Cool Bro !!! Great Pics. Whitney!! I know I will be after these Steelhead and am READY for the FIGHT !!!!

Nice tails!

Default irvine

thnx for your report... keep them coming alright,,,,

o/g
    crappiemike

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemike View Post
    thnx for your report... keep them coming alright,,,,

o/g
    crappiemike
    o/g=original gook?

I would love to catch one of those babies. Cindy

NIICCE , I'LL BE THERE . // db

As a special side note and not a thread hijack, Walmart has a clearance on their 50lb gorilla brand braid line for only $15.. I got a spool for my yellowtail rod, but then again, with these steelhead.......

Valentines Day Steelhead...Hope the wife goes for it...

woohoo--- i'm ready to get "dragged" and drag some of those steelies in the boat! bonzer style!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast