Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SNAKEHEADS---in our local waters?????

Default SNAKEHEADS---in our local waters?????

YEP.....within 4 weeks of each other, on two different bodies of water 100's of miles from each other....fishin Lake Pyramid a buddy of mine caught 4 baby snakeheads with a little net..we looked on line 2 research these fish, and sure enough, they were snakeheads...and then again at Lake Skinner we caught another one.....these fish are not supposed to be here..they originate in Thailand, and they get huge, QUICKLY...by eating everything in sight daily....PEOPLE, we cant let these exotic pets go when they get 2 big...and we 4 SURE should not be using them 4 bait, as they will get off the hook at times and can cause problems that way 2....man oh man, i have been fishing these local lakes 4 years and NEVER came across 1 till now.....and not just 1, and not in the same lake either.....come on guys, let's leave our children these lakes as our dad's n mom's left them 4 us.....we all know how it is 2 fish in Cali, it's pressured BIG TIME, and letting go a fish that can get 15 pounds in 1 year in the wild cannot be a good thing..........

I assume the second time you caught the snakeheads you kept them, took pics, and notified DFG. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by sansou View Post
    I assume the second time you caught the snakeheads you kept them, took pics, and notified DFG. Right?
    Of course not.. That would just make too much sense..

Do you have pictures of them? Many anglers have mistaken fresh water Gobies (Also invasive, but not aggressive) for Snakeheads. Perhaps you can post your pics here from Skinner and Pyramid?

i don't think its warm enough for snakeheads to survive right now. you might be mistaken. they are a tropical fish and the waters should be way too cold for them.

i doubt it theres snakeheads. should of posted pics.

PureAle

Big deal ! I hope more are released into the waters !
    Stripers would 0wn these fish!
    I dont believe you.

Last edited by Hitts0n; 01-30-2009 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitts0n View Post

haha i think snakeheads would own stripers.

definitely should have taken pics...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast