Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Signs of the Water Rising?

To KK- I'm not sure where you get your information from, but you should be very, very careful about spreading rumors about Diamond Valley Lake. The general public will take your rumor and spread it around as a true statement. I just contacted the GM for Urban Park Concessions, which runs the Diamond Valley Lake Marina. He said that, "this was the first I've ever heard of this". I would imagine that the GM would know a little information on his own lake? Also, they just opened up over 5 miles of additional shoreline fishing. Why would they shut down all fishing when there's so much shoreline fishing available? It just doesn't make any sense..........
    Barry A. Ogawa
    Last edited by TrouTracker; 02-03-2009 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Thanks again and let's all do a rain dance because there is no sign of anything going on in the future.

This is what I was referring to Big Country, rain in the future, didn't say anything about it filling up DVL.

Well, I hope it's rumor. I've been starting to enjoy the lake even tho I'm not a freshwater person. But, it's from a solid source. Given the promises to us by MWD reguarding the use of the lake and the state it's in right now and how our little city will benifit from it, I don't see it as boilerplate. I don't want to say the date. If it passes without a hiccup than that would be good.

Maybe it's time to let the cat out of the bag and start to collect signatures/letters of concern to present to the MWD board of directors.

Again, I hope it's only rumor. But.....?
    Last edited by Kareem Korn; 02-03-2009 at 03:19 PM.

I believe the Sheriffs contract is over by March 1st(in which was not renewed) and the concessions lease is up too, so we all will see. I hope not.
    Guy Williams

That's really too bad about the sherrif's contract not being renewed. 1 of those guys is a real Richard.

water will not rise untill the new pipe line is built. theye shut down the old pipe line coming from the colorado river because of the muscles.. they are working on a new pipeline right now proly be done after 2010 sometime...but we all know how cali is about making deadlines... cough PERRIS cough..so im guessin the lake will open to boats again in 2011 or 12..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12