Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Signs of the Water Rising?

Default Any Signs of the Water Rising?

For those that are there often, how is the water level doing?

The report this week is that the sierra snowpack is at 63% of normal for this time of year. Boy is it going to get rough this coming year.

the roughest is for all the guys who have really nice bass boats and can't put them on the jewel!! but, the flip side is that it does tend to keep the fishing pressure a lot lower than it normally would be. less pressure creates better fishing opportunities for the guys who bite the bullet and rent a boat, or even cast from shore. I suppose when I eventually get my Ranger bass boat (yes... I will have one) I will be really bummed. but, then again, by that time the lake will either be dry, or full again!!

The Crystal ball say "Water may be getting put back in the lake in a couple months".

It's still dropping at the present moment though!

I've bitten more than a bullet here lately.....been choking down cannon balls in rental fees.

At least the line is fairly short, LOL!

Tight lines all

To BC- DVL has stopped pumping water out of the lake, which is good news. Now, we're dependent upon the rain and snow pack for the season. We're expecting to have a pretty wet season this year, one which we have been waiting for for some time. The bad news is that it's going to take a long, long time to get the Jewel back to where we're used to. Hopefully, MWD will devise some type of plan to get private boats to launch. With the current conditions, I don't expect this to happen until 2010..............
    Barry A. Ogawa

Barry , Thanks for the informative update on the DVL . You seem to know whats happening on the DVL and we all need someone on the HOMEGUARD , ha // take care , db

Thanks guys...I was just wondering.

I'm taking a MWD tour of the entire aqueduct system from Havasu all the way to Mathews at the end of the month for work. Should be interesting.

I've been itching to go, but why rent a boat when I have a perfectly good one at home.

Thanks again and let's all do a rain dance because there is no sign of anything going on in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Thanks guys...I was just wondering.

I'm taking a MWD tour of the entire aqueduct system from Havasu all the way to Mathews at the end of the month for work. Should be interesting.

I've been itching to go, but why rent a boat when I have a perfectly good one at home.

Thanks again and let's all do a rain dance because there is no sign of anything going on in the future.

You should check weather.com, it's going to be raining by Friday.

Default dvl rising?

i heard that they found the quaggas in the lake, so now it doesn't matter where they get there water from

Don't kid yourself fishnuts...1 day of rain in socal doesn't put a dent in the water shortfall in the state. It's all about the snow pack in the sierras & rockies feeding the Colorado and the LA aqueduct.

A little more than 1/2 of normal snow pack equals another drought year and socal lakes such as DVL staying low.

Still dropping, and word is it's closing in march for all fishing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast