Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: im a newbie

Default im a newbie

im new to this site. my name is matt i am 14 years old and i fish a ton especially at diamond valley.

Welcome Matt, I can't wait to see your reports out of DVL.

Bigred

yeah went out saturday on a rental with my cousin and one of his buddys. we mainly through the punker and the hudd but didnt get one hit, it was terrible day for us.

those big swimbaits are better for quality but not usually the way to go for quantity. skunk days are a way of life when you're swinging for the fences. singles and doubles are cool too. i've been fishing a little while now and i still usually spend a lot of time just trying to get bit, especially this time of year. now is the right time to be throwing the swimmies though, i'm definately putting in some time with the big baits early and late in the day.

whats the best way to go during the middle of the day?

prolly carolina or dropshot, IMO

Hey Hookup(Matt) welcome to the FNN. I'm 16 and also have had my share of the Jewel. There's been fond memories of the Jewel for me hope you can share some of your outings at the Jewel.

-Ifishtoolittle (Bryan)

Welcome! I'll look out for your report.

Default Middle of The day

Quote Originally Posted by hookup View Post
    whats the best way to go during the middle of the day?
    I agree with Team Santana, in the middle of the day you're probably better off working a Drop-Shot, Texas Rig or a Carolina Rig real slow.

Don't get discouraged by the swim baits. The people who throw them all the time go home zeroed many a days!

BassinPLS
    Last edited by BassinPLS; 01-29-2009 at 10:14 PM.

welcome aboard, Matt!!! I have seen you guys out on DVL a few times.... you guys seem like you've got some skills. me and my brother-in-law have been stalking those big linesides for months. we've connected with some really big greenies, but no monster stripes yet! see you on the jewel!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast