Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: downey wilderness

Default downey wilderness

Went to Downey Wilderness Park today and a strange thing happened to me. I got a trout with power mouse combo and as soon as I start reeling it in a damn commorant comes up out of the water with my fish in his mouth. So I'm like what the f@ck do i do now? Well i fought the bird for my power worm back with 4lb test and brouhgt him to the edge of the water when all of the sudden he spits my trout worm out followed by the trout then he flew away .So I won the battle got my worm and my fish back

Quote Originally Posted by Fishicidal187 View Post
    Went to Downey Wilderness Park today and a strange thing happened to me. I got a trout with power mouse combo and as soon as I start reeling it in a damn commorant comes up out of the water with my fish in his mouth. So I'm like what the f@ck do i do now? Well i fought the bird for my power worm back with 4lb test and brouhgt him to the edge of the water when all of the sudden he spits my trout worm out followed by the trout then he flew away .So I won the battle got my worm and my fish back
    Great job handling the catch on 4lb F187.

Did that bird put up a good fight?

Hey, how's the water looking there? Is it still that brown muddy color?

Quote Originally Posted by smokinflies View Post
    Great job handling the catch on 4lb F187.

Did that bird put up a good fight?

Hey, how's the water looking there? Is it still that brown muddy color?

The water was a little muddy still but with my polarized sun glasses i could see fish swimming around the shoreline. Ya That bird gave up a good fight pulling drag trying to dive down under water or trying to fly off. I wish I would of got in on video some funny *****.

just when you think you've een it all

I wish we could shoot those damn things!

gross... wilderness water!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishicidal187 View Post
    WOW! that's crazy dude. Have any pics of the trout?

You showed that bird. Looks like he won't be messing with u anymore.
    Good Fish'N

I was there yesterday and today. The water is marginally clear.Maybe 1'-2' visibility. And it is about 2ft lower than normal. The fish there are totally spooked though...there is alot of pressure on them.

Default Hell yeah

That's freakin awesome.. show that bird who's boss..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast