Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: W.O.N. Tournamnet to be held at Irvine Lake on 4/18/2009

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Dont forget Jimmy, Campsite #1 and #2 is already RESERVED ... Looking foward to seeing ya this weekend...
    Rooster aka shot caller and Team57 "Don" of the Vine

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Lopez View Post
    $45 bucks for 1500 people = $67,500

the jackpot better be huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge

or deduct the 22 bucks for 2009 admission and you are going 23 bucks towards the tourney that = $34,500

what is the jackpot for this tourney?
    Ray you gettin bored these days buddy? You don't even fish the Vine anymore and you sure as heck aren't going to fish with 1,499 other people J/K Man I hope you do come on out, be great to see you and some of the "BadBoyz" again. I'll let Jimmy answer all the technical questions since thats what he does best, but I have the tourney flyer "hot off the press" in hand and the $45 does include your entry into the lake....although within the flyer there is a small error because it states "Best of all, this includes your Irvine Lake gate fee for the day- a $20 value!" It is actually a $22 value as a result of the fee increase.

Based on what I'm reading every person will get a raffle ticket for their tourney entry. Someone is going home with a new Lowe 1467, Yamaha 4 stroke and trailer....regardless if you catch a fish or not!

There will be 4 divisions for big fish
    Adult Male Junior Male
    Adult Female
    Junior Female
    "Prizes and trophies will be awarded to the top five heaviest trout caught in each of the four divisions" I did not find anywhere that said what the "prizes" were or if cash payouts were involved.

Largest fish in the adult and junior divisions(two total) will get their fish mounted by Global Fish Mounts....that is an awesome prize!

There will also be tagged fish in the lake, immediately redeemable for prizes including Shimano Voltaeus rod and reel combos, Sport Chalet gift certificates, Costa Del Mar sunglasses, Irvine Lake boat rentals, Panther Martin Lures, Sea Eagle Inflatables, Rock River tackle boxes, Boot Barn gift certificates, Hobie Kayak ...I wonder what Sea Eagle donated??

Here is the cool part...any unclaimed prizes from the tagged fish will get rolled into the raffle. So you could get skunked and go home with some killer stuff Hitts!

I have two pieces of information that I am purposely withholding on this thread that you may find of value if you plan on attending the tournament...check out the TEAM57 MEMBER section and look at the freshwater section in the "Vine info for Team57" thread!

Hope that helps a little if you are heading out....good luck!

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 01-30-2009 at 02:45 AM.

LoL I would like to be there just to see what happens, man it would be nice to win a boat with everything....

Good luck to all the FNNers. Dude....I feel sorry for the feesh. Thats 3000 rods in the water. LOL

I am with Raylo on this one "the payout should be huge". I used to subscribe to W.O.N...but ever since I found FNN...no mas.

Default WON Tourney.............

Damn that's a lot of folks..................

Imagine how many bushes will be "watered"!!!!!! (got porta potty)

Imagine the plethora of radios and the wide range of music you will be treated to!

Where the hell are they gonna put 1500 people?

Normal weekends are crowded enough, best of luck to all Team 57 members who choose to brave the insanity!

Tight Lines,
    KH

ahhhh saweeet! -bonzer...

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Dang! As much as it would be a cool tournnament to enter, I ain't gonna go to the lake with 1500 other people.
    MLK weekend was too crowded with around 800 people.

Sorry guys, gonna sit this one out.
    Wise choice Sue
    I will be out there this Sunday. I haven't decided weather to shore fish or hitch a ride with"Pargo" (Emilio) He offered to let me aboard his boat. May take him up on that. Hope to see you out there. Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Your thinking what im thinking Cindy, That alone along with the private boat launches is what im going for. Who needs a rod
    A whole lot of cussin' and swearing... But the prizes sounds sweet. Cindy

The ends justify the means! I'll launch the boat and park and chill like usual. I will put my ipod on and tune everyone out...for a chance at those prizes? I'll brave it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Downrigger Trolling to get below the traffic...Show me the money.

I think on a boat will be much safer than on shore. What do you Guys think? Cindy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast