Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Organizing your Gear

Default Organizing your Gear

Howdy folks!

I was wondering...

I got three tackle bags, boxes, numerous weights, baits, plastics, lures, hooks, bobbers, flies, spools of line, pliers, tape measures, sauces, sprays, line clippers, reels, spools, rods, you name it...like 5k worth not counting my boat.

Whats the best farking way to keep it all nice and organized????!!!???

So what is it you guys do?

:D

Money isnt really an issue...I can purchase whatever you think I need to help me get with it. Having the stuff is helpful but FINDING it when you need it is even better ;)

get the plano boxes from walmart or bass pro. I use the regular plano ones (cheaper at walmart) to organize all weights in one box... all hoooks in another..

Bass pro has some really nice boxes that are specific for jigs, spinner baits etc.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st..._SearchResults

and this has to be one of my favorites..

i even have a "C-rig" box, its small 4 compartment with baitholderhooks, beads, swivels, and egg sinkers.

I keep everything in the plano boxes all differetn sizes, and a few other things in other small containers. Put them all in milk crates or the 66 qt stackable containers. I put it all in the corner of the garage stacked nice and neat so the girlfriend doesn't b!tch about it
    I also keep a few empty plano boxes so the night before I hit the water I just take what I need with me.

I bought a metal shelf rack at target for around 50 bucks and then a whole bunch of them rubbermade storage containers. Line goes in one container, reels in the other, weights in the other, and so on and so forth. The bottom of the rack holds all my tackle bags.

I have stuff for home I was refferring for goin out fishin :D

The boxes sound ok, any other kewl lil tackle boxes to put in the bags when I go?

I am just trying to 'slim down' how much I take with me and organizing it better will really help out :D

Its better than taking 30lbs of stuff with ya heheh. Onyx like has one backpack that contains ALL he needs O_o

I mean thats really cool.

Nice suggestions so far :D

I have a 'work bench' in my garage with drawers and a pegboard for tools. So in addition to storing lures in the plano boxes and away in drawers, I also hang the bigger weights and lures off the pegboard among my tools - I bought the pegboard metal clips/hangers for cheap at Big Lots if I recall. Any tool store should have them too. I also have a Shimano lure box to store all my irons - it's real handy. The pegboard option can work out really nicely though if you have a workbench or wall space.

OOPS! Didn't read your last post. For going out yeah I struggle with the same thing - I generally avoid anything I have to carry by hand, so I like the soft-sided bags that you can wear over your shoulder. For lighter fishing, I bought the Plano fanny pack belt - that's always handy to have around my waist. Otherwise, the best option would prob be one of those Albakore backpacks. I have yet to get one but it sure would be nice.
    Last edited by jplee3; 01-29-2009 at 10:52 AM.

I need help TLC clean sweep help me plz

Bigred

Bigred,

You have the same organizational skills as I do.

Congratulations.

Bigred, let me know when you have a garage sale.

I use the largest of the BPS Tackle Bag Systems (Greenish One) and I love it. I swap out a few boxes depending on which species im after, but all in all a great system.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast