Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bait Casting Rods???

Default Bait Casting Rods???

Is there any bait casting rods that comes in two prices ? All the ones i have seen at walmart/big 5 are one piece?

Travel rods do, but it is generally hard, if not impossible, to find quality 2 piece baitcasters. Damiki is going to come out with one that is supposed to be good. Good luck finding one for sale though.

http://www.damiki.co.kr/eng/sub.html..._num=10&no=78#

you are right, i could not find a place that sells it.

some basspro bionic blades come in 2 pieces

some of the claraus rods by shimano are 2 piece but they are hard to find. your better off on just getting a 6'6 med hvy one piece that good for your cranks and worms.

God Bless

basscatcher

for 2pcs rod your looking for is going to be over 7ft or gloomis travel rod but expect to spend $$$ on gloomis travel rods

Default compre 6'6"

I've heard good things about compres, but never used one- shimano makes a 2-pc, 6'6", med power, fast action. They have them at Hi's Tackle, I purchased reels there before, good service (no, I don't get a commission ): http://www.histackleboxshop.com/Shim...20cpc66m2b.htm

2pc rods suck

Quote Originally Posted by DEADROOTS View Post
    2pc rods suck
    Agreed, but maybe the original poster was getting a 2 piece for a reason, such as convenience (travel, hiking, etc).

Although 2 piece rods don't come recommended, trekking miles on end with a 7 foot rod sticking outta your hiking bag isn't fun either, nor is paying $75 dollars for over sized baggage fee at the airport for having an 8 foot tube with your rods inside.

And there are lots of two piece casting rods available that aren't 'travel' rods. Just do some research online.

I drive a honda s2000 so thats why i was inquiring bout 2 pieces. I decided to get a one piece cause im pretty sure i can make it fit into the passenger side of my car (sucks for whoeva riding with me). this will be my first bait casting rod so i did not want anything overly expensive, something i can learn and practice on before i move onto the bigger and better stuff.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast