Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: El Dorado Report

damn i can smell the fisherman getting ready to pressure the crap out of eldo its not my home lake and i dont fish it that much but yeah . here fisherman fisherman!! make sure to describe what type of lure your using next time so next time the many fisherman lined up waiting to get into eldo can have that lure tied on

ZBA

xKeep on Fishinx

HAHA JUST KIDDING
    Last edited by Zombie Bass ATTACK; 01-27-2009 at 09:46 PM.

actually, I was thinking maybe this was a trick to get people away from other local lakes and over to ElDor... I've been going there almost every weekend for about 2 mos, only caught one channel cat. Using all kinds of lures, PB, whatever. Even the day after stocking 2 wks ago, nothing, but the pelicans and cormorants were cleaning up. I didn't see anyone around me catch anything either, from noon til closing. Oh well, guess I'm doing something wrong...

Default Nah

Nah, that's not the case. Maybe it was the moon, maybe I just got lucky. All I know is 4 out of the 7 I caught on dropshot roboworm (purple).

I thought about possibly burning the spot (rado), but everytime I go, there doesn't seem to be anyone there but a couple of kitty fisherman.. If you are looking for cats, my only advice is nightcrawlers during the winter. I don't know too much about cats though.. but I catch some here and there when I'm trying to get some bass w/ the crawler..

Default I was using Zombie Worms!!!

It was Wide Open/ On Fire / Going Off! 5 Bass in 5 Hours. Wait....... isn't a wide open bite/ on fire / going off bite stat more like 30 fish in an hour? LA River at Dodger Stadium is on Fire/Wide open.
    Last edited by DKCbassman; 01-28-2009 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkcbassman View Post
    it was wide open/ on fire / going off! 5 bass in 5 hours. Wait....... Isn't a wide open bite/ on fire / going off bite stat more like 30 fish in an hour? La river at dodger stadium is on fire/wide open.

ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A limit of fish (LMB) in 5 hours at any park lake in the winter is pretty close to wide open. Not all the way open, but almost. A little more than 3/4's open. I would say a limit in 3 hrs. is just about WO..

Default none

hell yah im going there to get me some bass for some tacos tomorrow!

Default lol

Yeah, for me, wide open is getting more than 2 bites an hour.. I'm still not that experienced. If there is a place I can get 30 in an hour, that would be Angler Heaven.

I have heard of salt water fishing being crazy like this, and Lake Perris back in the 70's.. But again, I'm new at this so what do I know..

Good luck to everyone and keep slayin (and C&R) those bass!!!

** Short report: Went to the pudd yesterday.. by the dam. Caught a 1.5 pounder on drop shot..

how much is admission into el dorado?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishingmonkee View Post
    how much is admission into el dorado?
    8 bucks on weekends and 5 on weekdays

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast