Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Car salesmen on FNN?

Default Any Car salesmen on FNN?

My Mom was in an car accident yesterday . She is allright and no one was hurt. Thank God. Her car will be totaled out by the insurance Co. So My little brother and I are taking the day to get Mom a new car. She likes American made cars. Ford or Chevy. Looking for new or low miles on 2007, 2008 cars. If you work at a dealer and want to sell a car we are in the market to buy this week. I just thought I would give an FNN member a first shot at a sale before someone else.

Ok, I will check back at 9 Am when I wake back up.

Not a car salesman, but just wanted to say it is nice of you to think of your fellow fnner's to help them out on a sale of a car if they are salesman..

Glad to hear your mom is ok.. Good luck on your car search.. My dad just had to purchase a car last night. (car had over 500,000 miles on it it finally went out on him after 16 years) anyway the salesman was trying to bend him over on a deal.. Dad has A++++++ credit and guy would not go down on the price.

Make sure if they are giving you a hard time on going down on the price to ask to see the invoice on how much the dealership purchased the car and see how much the MSRP cost is on the car. Also on the interest rate if they are not wanting to go down on the interest rate ask them if they are getting any participation credit off the rate. That is where the bank will over it at a certain interest rate, but the dealership will go up 1/2 to 2 points to make more money and the bank gives them credit for that.. Work them off of that to lower it..

The MSRP is usually a couple thousand more than the MSRP and then the dealership will mark it a couple thousand more to make more money off the car.

Those are some handy tools when negotiating with a hungry car sales man.

A friend of mine used to work for a bank that does the approval of loans for cars, so she gave me a few pointers..

Good luck!!!
    Last edited by fishermanwife; 01-27-2009 at 05:11 AM.

Thank goodness your mom is ok. That's pretty scary. I worry about my parents still driving all the time. Good for you for taking care of your mom. You are such a good son, Patrick! That's one of the **many** reasons I love you so much!

Good luck on the car shopping. This is probably a good market for car sales right now....

BTW, I hear DoctorHook is selling one of his rides...you can probably get a good deal on this one

keepin it dirty,
    Dirty Girl
    Last edited by dirty girl; 01-27-2009 at 05:57 AM.

Fishermanwife, thanks for the tips. I did not know the one about the dealership making money of the % points on the intrest rate.

500,000 miles on a 16 year old car. Thats GREAT !!! He got his money worth out of that car.

Thanks for your post and concern for my Mom.

DG, Thanks for your post also. My Mom is very dear to me as you know. Life is short and before you know it something can happen and then they are gone.

I think Mom is looking for a 4 door sedan . Dr. Hook will just have find another buyer.

Running a little late getting out the door this morning. I still want to give an FNN member a first shot at a sale today ( this week ) . I am heading to South Orange County to pick up my Brother and will be going to a AAA office also. If you log onto FNN and see this you can call me on my cell and I will drive to your dealership today. My cell # is ( 714) 658-7944. I truly want to help an FNN member out on a for sure sale today. Mom needs her wheels !!!!! LOL.

Thanks,

Patrick, ( TM65)
    Last edited by Troutman65; 01-27-2009 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    Running a little late getting out the door this morning. I still want to give an FNN member a first shot at a sale today ( this week ) . I am heading to South Orange County to pick up my Brother and will be going to a AAA office also. If you log onto FNN and see this you can call me on my cell and I will drive to your dealership today. My cell # is ( 714) 658-7944. I truly want to help an FNN member out on a for sure sale today. Mom needs her wheels !!!!! LOL.

Thanks,

Patrick, ( TM65)

Patrick,

I wish you lots of karma luck on finding the new vehicle, I wish I could be of some help. Thanks goodness nothing happened to your mom.

Stay positive and karma will guide you to that vehicle.

Japo

Thanks Joe for the post. Got alot done today. Checked out the Chevy Cobolt 4 door. Also checked out a Ford Freestyle Suv . Well see what see likes and what kind of deal.
    Last edited by Troutman65; 01-27-2009 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    Thanks Joe for the post. Got alot done today. Checked out the Chevy Cobolt 4 door. Also checked out a Ford Freestyle Suv . Well see what see likes and what kind of deal.
    Coo! It's all YOU baybeeee.

Japo

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast