Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Clark Park

The poor guy who keeps a few LMB to take home and eat isn't the one you have to worry about, the real poachers are the guys who sneek out to lakes late at night when the local dogs are sleeping snug in their beds and dreaming about twenty pound LMB. They use hand thrown gill nets and they can wipe out a hole in a couple of nights, they come and go and know ever has a clue. It's just wise to protect your turf so you can enjoy the fishing spots in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by carpinator View Post
    The poor guy who keeps a few LMB to take home and eat isn't the one you have to worry about
    It adds up. There is alot of people that fishes in Southern Cal.

No offense but for some reason, I think you 're describing yourself here.

Clark is the only park that I know that has a C&R regulation on Bass. There are signs.......

HEY, i agree i don't eat LMB, and it does all add up.I always spend a little extra care when releasing bass back into the water. If it's a C&R lake then the fish should be returned. As far as poaching techniques, I'm not a poacher just a fisherman,just because you know about crack , that does't make you a crackhead. I've seen a lot and heard about a lot more, the reality is most poaching occurs at night just like most crimes do. The more knowledge you have the more ability you have to deal with the situation. Take care of your local spots so your kids can grow up enjoying fishing locally too.

Quote Originally Posted by JD1174 View Post
    You can help people by posting about the generally condition of the lake and how the bass was caught, but you really don't have to give up the exact spot.

You obviously have not experienced the anger and frustration of seeing a "bucket" fisherman walking off with an 8lb bass out of a small park pond like Clark.

I 've talked to guys that used to poach that place and it doesn't need any more pressure. Not that bass are easy to catch there, but now and then every dog will have it's day.
    Ok I see your point. I guess I just have (neively) faith that people will respect the rules and do the right thing. Bucket fishermen, net fishers? Thats ridiculous never seen anything like that there, but if and when I do, I'll snap some photos of the MF right before I toss his *** in the lake! again, sorry for the post, I will try to keep things on the DL from now on... Zombie, hope there are no hard feelings bro as this is the second spot of yours I've posted about... I'm not on this site to make enemies so I will play by the rules! If I see you guys out there, I owe you a beer!

Don't worry about it. thnx for the report. Poachers sux, and if you see them just call DFG. I think this site is awesome and inspiring for us non-bass-poachers. And we should just eliminate poachers somehow, but by getting on people just for posting a report is just not the answer. Keep the reports coming, C&R and report Poachers.

Tight LInes

R~

Thanks for reporting.BTW,did the guy release the fish?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    Thanks for reporting.BTW,did the guy release the fish?
    yeah, he held it for a while by the gills trying to show his kid and take a photo, but the bass appeared to be just fine when released

Default No Big Deal

Quote Originally Posted by fish4keep View Post
    Clark is the only park that I know that has a C&R regulation on Bass. There are signs.......
    Thanks, We have seriously put in work to regulate!! There are always eyes on the lake, even when we are not there............... Badges and Binoculars. As far as night time: We have Zombie, Big Ed, Crzay, etc. who patrol.
    Last edited by DKCbassman; 01-27-2009 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DKCbassman View Post
    Thanks, We have seriously put in work to regulate!! There are always eyes on the lake, even when we are not there............... Badges and Binoculars. As far as night time: We have Zombie, Big Ed, Crzay, etc. who patrol.
    Can you and your henchmen start some regulation at Tri-City. Not worried about the fish, I can handle that (threw 2 people off the lake last week for no license). I am gettin' really tired of all the people feeding the damn ducks, seagulls, coots, etc. It's amazing how oblivious some people really are. Saw at least a half a dozen families feeding them right in front of the signs that tell them not to. Arg!!! I won't even go there during the day anymore. The bites better at night anyway...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast