Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clark Park

Default Clark Park

Don't wanna blow anyones spot as this park has been total crap for me and everyone I know in the past years...
    I went to Clark Regional today just for a few minutes to goof off. No luck for me although I probably only casted a total of 20 times or so. While I was there however I saw a guy fishing with his son, and the guy caught what I think he said was a 7.5 lb Bass. It was at least that from what I could tell. I think he was using a large plastic swimbait, looked like a baby bass pattern or something. There are definitely still bass in this lake for those of you (like me) who gave up on this place. I know I'll be there like everyday now trying to catch that fatty! Again, please don't flip if this is your "secret" spot, it is a public park and no great secret as far as I can tell...

Quote Originally Posted by BassMasterson View Post
    Don't wanna blow anyones spot as this park has been total crap for me and everyone I know in the past years...
    I went to Clark Regional today just for a few minutes to goof off. No luck for me although I probably only casted a total of 20 times or so. While I was there however I saw a guy fishing with his son, and the guy caught what I think he said was a 7.5 lb Bass. It was at least that from what I could tell. I think he was using a large plastic swimbait, looked like a baby bass pattern or something. There are definitely still bass in this lake for those of you (like me) who gave up on this place. I know I'll be there like everyday now trying to catch that fatty! Again, please don't flip if this is your "secret" spot, it is a public park and no great secret as far as I can tell...
    It's no secret that there are toads in that little lake. The only secret is what they happen to be chewing on that day. The pattern changes there are like no other Park lake in OC. Good luck. I go there from time to time and when I do, I bring the kitchen sink just in case...

Default No Secret, No need to burn

It's no secret, just don't burn the spot with reports unless you plan on regulating on the poachers. YOU personally better be ready to keep the situation under control, we all know what happend a few years back! We have all put in our work to take back our park so I would appreciate a little respect.

It had some Legg Lake type of problems....if you know what I mean. FNN members fish it, they just keep it low.

WTF man your starting off to a bad start bro....ive been fishing this lake since i was 5 good job bro on giving tips away to lurkers...

Hummm. This post could go either way very fast.

That place used to be teeming with fish but last time I was there I didn't see a single bluegill, baby bass, trout, anything. I thought maybe the fish all died off. It's good to hear that there are still a few fish in there....but there aren't many left, at least compared to 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post

Hummm. This post could go either way very fast.
    Grab the popcorn TM......

I'm ready.

Japo

Default Smitty said it

Not what it used to be. We have kept things stable in the past 2 years, God knows how much it's taken to sustain what we have left. All of us locals got tired of seeing our park abused and destroyed, we had to take action......... legal and non-legal means of course.

Zombie, I don't know why you get so butt hurt.. I thought the point of this site is to post reports, and help folks catch more fish! Any body who has a fishing licence has just as much right to fish there as you do. I also have fished there for years as I live just 2 blocks away... but like I said never had much luck besides a turtle and a few blue gills! I was blown away to see a Bass like that in there, and thought I would share it. Maybe I just wont post anymore to keep the "locals" happy... everyman for himself! If you ask me, you are the lurker because you keep this Info to yourself instead of trying to help out your fellow anglers!

p.s. sorry if I pissed anyone off with this post. I guess I just had a different idea about what this site is really about...
    Last edited by BassMasterson; 01-27-2009 at 12:27 PM.

Zombie, I don't know why you get so butt hurt.. I thought the point of this site is to post reports, and help folks catch more fish! Any body who has a fishing licence has just as much right to fish there as you do. I also have fished there for years as I live just 2 blocks away... but like I said never had much luck besides a turtle and a few blue gills! I was blown away to see a Bass like that in there, and thought I would share it. Maybe I just wont post anymore to keep the "locals" happy... everyman for himself! If you ask me, you are the lurker because you keep this Info to yourself instead of trying to help out your fellow anglers!
    You can help people by posting about the generally condition of the lake and how the bass was caught, but you really don't have to give up the exact spot.

You obviously have not experienced the anger and frustration of seeing a "bucket" fisherman walking off with an 8lb bass out of a small park pond like Clark.

I 've talked to guys that used to poach that place and it doesn't need any more pressure. Not that bass are easy to catch there, but now and then every dog will have it's day.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast